Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I've been using my Pearl for a couple of months, I was seriously thinking about ... General Blackberry forum

acv
    acv no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2054BE76

Re: FakeBerry Users?

Advertisement

I've been using my Pearl for a couple of months, I was seriously thinking about the 7100g. I'm in Mexico and you don't see that many BB just yet, a week before my date for upgrading phones, I saw the Pearl. fairly new to Mexican market, and decided I wanted that phone instead, granted I decided on looks but then read about features and knew I wasn't wrong. Been loving it since day one, I don't complaint about Suretype at the begining I though it would be a pain like T9, but man me likey, I'm a medium user, meaning very few txt Messages and more Emails, don't take that long to reply to emails. as of now we only have 4 choices on BB here in Mexico 7100,7280,7290 and the pearl. I heard the 8700 is coming.

fitzduffy no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    401CCFC5

I'm still new to BB, I had started with an i930 on Nextel, but had a lot of problems with the physical hardware. The i930 kept falling apart. I loved the features, which pale in comparison to my 7100i, but couldn't tolerate the frequent breakdowns of the i930.
    I was hesitant in going to BB because I didn't think I needed BB access and constant contact. But I'm glad I switched. I will not go without a BB type device again. I hope Nextel/Sprint (I put Nextel first) comes out with another hybrid BB or something new to include the IDEN side. If the 8100 or the 8800 has PTT, then it might happen......I hope.

wendycharles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F6ACE

Thumbs up Re: FakeBerry Users?

I agree a blackberry is a blackberry. I have had all of them except the Pearl and I'm waiting on the 8800. I have been using them off and on for about 4 years. I kept going between the treo and the blackberry. Welcome to our world.
    Wendy
    Iphone...what else would a MAC user have.....

hi-tech no está en línea Stack level 1

^^ Blackberry is a blackberry, I'm just happy they are upgrading/releasing new BBs, sure hope Ol' SprintTel is cooking up something on the BB end. Those 'kids' on the Pearls look like they are having fun.

BBWrangler no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219DFD90

Well, I do have the occasional grumpy old man moment when new BB users comment on how good their battery life is compared to their old cell phone.

Having been a BB user for... 6 years? Crap... I still miss being able to go a whole month without needing to charge my 957. Now and again I wish Metor Crusher ran on the 957. I'd shelve the 8700 for that almost.

Now this 8800, jury's still out on that until I get a SIM it likes.
    It doesn't record video. Get over it.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by pentacle
    LLLance!!! I don't think it matters, I think it just a matter of what you like as an individual. Personally I prefer the a BB with a full keyboard. I'm a Email/Sms/mmS communication type of guy. If your talkn more on the phone then BERRY'N, the pearl is probably more suitable for you. Before I bought a BB8700, I thought of a handheld computer first and a phone secondary.I wouldn't say I look down on people with pearls or the smaller BB's, I just don't understand why you would buy a phone without a full key pad. But like I said its about personal preference
    You're right about the personal preference when choosing a device. I have used both full keyboard and SureType (7100 and 8100 series) BlackBerry devices. But I had to go with portability and the compact features of the phone as I cannot use a holster on my waist (I throw my BB in a shirt pocket or my backpack). This was my reasoning for going with the 7100 and 8100 series, and bypassing the 8700 and upcoming 8800 series. I will, however, admit that I wanted the 8700g and would like to try out the 8800 if/when T-Mo gets it.

The smaller devices are excellent as phones, and email/text/PIN devices (in my experience...I've owned 9 BB's over 4 years, 6 of them being the 7100/8100 series LOL). The bigger, pancake size devices I had (2 7730s) were horrible as phones and had signal and screen issues.

Also, don't get me wrong here either about me not liking full keyboards. I have a 950 (compact pager w/full keyboard) used with AOL's Mobile Communicator service. That was the ONLY full keyboard BB I loved LOL

To the OP, I would just use whatever is comfortable and easier to use for your needs.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 02-21-2007 at 01:55 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123