Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by LanceInPants Hi everyone! I am just curious about something and wanted to ... General Blackberry forum

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Re: FakeBerry Users?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by LanceInPants
    Hi everyone! I am just curious about something and wanted to get a general concensious on it. Do those of you who are die hard and/or old school blackberry users look down (to some extent) on all of the new pearl users, as if they're not true blackberry users and they just jumped on the trend wagon? The 8100 is my first blackberry, but I waited and searched long and hard to find a smart phone that could do everything this phone does. I'm very satisfied with my pearl and I use it for business almost as much as I use it for pleasure. Did the release of the pearl make all you more expirienced blackberry users feel a little less exclusive, partly because kids now own blackberries, too? Post your opinions please! Thanks everyone for running such a fantastic forum! Its such a wealth of knowledge.

well I started my bb addiction with the pearl and since then I have used the 7230 and now the 8700g (lol, yes I went backwards, QWERTY was better for me)...but as far as looking down on anyone i think everyone is only happy and excited when there is a new member to the bb family (and on pinstack)

Aroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24431D74

Fakeberries? You mean like BlackBerrys that don't run on a BES? (I'm just kidding!)

A blackberry is a blackberry. Even if it isn't black and doesn't have a key pad that looks like a strawberry (err blackberry). The Pearl is a BlackBerry through and through.

It's no more true that someone who buys a XP or Vista computer today. Do the old NT 4.0 and 3.51 users feel that the pedigree of their industrial strength O/S has been tarnished by infidels? Of course not. The market just evolves and people will choose the superior product that is priced right and meets their needs. The pearl can do that too.

The BB has a strong pedigree as an effective messaging platform that also has organizer functions and (as of the last few years) phone functions. Look at the number of celebrities using BBs. They simply need to stay connected in the most effective way possible. If people want to buy into this pedigree because devices like the 8700, Pearl, 8800, etc also offer other things they need from a mobile device, I think it's a good idea.

If anything it helps breed diversity in the model lineup and increases our collective buying power. Ever since the screens when to color (and the ARM processor, then later the 312Mhz Intel), and attachment support with BES 2.2 for Domino and 3.6 for Exchange - the BB platform has really taken off.

Regular people with multimedia BBs != Infedels.
    (notice the not equals sign).

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

Quote Originally Posted by audreypearl
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~whats wrong with referral? Lol

im very forgetful

pentacle no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D3EDBA

LLLance!!! I don't think it matters, I think it just a matter of what you like as an individual. Personally I prefer the a BB with a full keyboard. I'm a Email/Sms/mmS communication type of guy. If your talkn more on the phone then BERRY'N, the pearl is probably more suitable for you. Before I bought a BB8700, I thought of a handheld computer first and a phone secondary.I wouldn't say I look down on people with pearls or the smaller BB's, I just don't understand why you would buy a phone without a full key pad. But like I said its about personal preference

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I ain't mad at 'cha! Most of the new users of the Pearl are exactly why RIM designed the Pearl. They were looking to get new customers more int he consumer market as opposed to the business market, and that's exactly what they got. I have been a BB user for about 2 1/2 years and honestly, the only thing that pisses me off is people who buy BBs as a text message phone or just get them as a "cool" phone and don't get a data plan and don't use it for e-mail, web, and all the great applications(business or otherwise) that are out there for BlackBerry. Get a SideKick for chrissake!

gameoverceo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c1af5e

A Blackberry is a Blackberry
    Mr.Pierre

merk350z no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203D0EA3

Quote Originally Posted by LanceInPants
    Hi everyone! I am just curious about something and wanted to get a general concensious on it. Do those of you who are die hard and/or old school blackberry users look down (to some extent) on all of the new pearl users, as if they're not true blackberry users and they just jumped on the trend wagon? The 8100 is my first blackberry, but I waited and searched long and hard to find a smart phone that could do everything this phone does. I'm very satisfied with my pearl and I use it for business almost as much as I use it for pleasure. Did the release of the pearl make all you more expirienced blackberry users feel a little less exclusive, partly because kids now own blackberries, too? Post your opinions please! Thanks everyone for running such a fantastic forum! Its such a wealth of knowledge.
    no way man i feel that as a new blackberry user i felt more welcomed here then anywhere else; due to the fact that alot of the blackberry users are professionals and from there experance they try to help out more. i feel the more blackberry users there are the better i just hope that the blackberry does not turn into the next sidekick. i think blackberry should stay on course and make there tools for the professionals thus keeping the blackberry name brand on top.

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

I am a new user. You know now that people see the pearl and have it and like the OS ect. will only lead to thm getting another one. I think RIM did a great job with the pearl. The met there goal of getting new ages of people into the Blackberry. The Blackberry was once for corporate users, not anymore. I hope what I said made sense(I don't think it did). Ask if you anything cleared up.

GP

quotberry no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by pentacle
    LLLance!!! I don't think it matters, I think it just a matter of what you like as an individual. Personally I prefer the a BB with a full keyboard. I'm a Email/Sms/mmS communication type of guy. If your talkn more on the phone then BERRY'N, the pearl is probably more suitable for you. Before I bought a BB8700, I thought of a handheld computer first and a phone secondary.I wouldn't say I look down on people with pearls or the smaller BB's, I just don't understand why you would buy a phone without a full key pad. But like I said its about personal preference
    This is a huge misconception. I am an ex-treo user and I actually tested out several blackberries before giving up and trying the pearl thinking it would be even harder. I find it Much easier and my spelling is much better and it takes me less time to complete an email than with a full qwerty board. So yes, the pearl is great for "real" berry'n for many people that always struggled with a qwerty.

manapuaman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f011d6

I got both the Pearl and 8700. Both have its own merits. And both are better than the Nokia E62 and Palm Treo.

ednap no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24FF13F0

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    There are still quite a few of my old PPC applications I miss since being issued with an 8700g but I am learning more & more about how to better use my BB each week. To me the more BB users the better as it should encourage more 3rd part software at a more reasonable price.

Ed

tmag2005 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    250d3c8f

Quote Originally Posted by jlesh
    ~......the only thing that pisses me off is people who buy BBs as a text message phone or just get them as a "cool" phone and don't get a data plan and don't use it for e-mail, web, and all the great applications(business or otherwise) that are out there for BlackBerry. Get a SideKick for chrissake!
    I partly agree with your comment jlesh, but having been on BB (2 Yrs) in the UK where we are slow to take certain things on here....I started using a BB without a DataPlan (long story) and i still think that the BB kicks bum even without a DataPlan. Now i couldnt live without a BB and what i get frrom it....I guess what i am saying is that, it doesnt matter how you use a BB, its just great to see people using them!

mistergreg no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by jlesh
    I have been a BB user for about 2 1/2 years and honestly, the only thing that pisses me off is people who buy BBs as a text message phone or just get them as a "cool" phone and don't get a data plan and don't use it for e-mail, web, and all the great applications(business or otherwise) that are out there for BlackBerry. Get a SideKick for chrissake!
    I totally agree! And working in retail I can tell you, they only buy the pearl. They don't buy the 8700 without a data plan. I just flat out tell them that you can't really use the device without it because I mean seriously, what's the point?

bukwit no está en línea Stack level 1

I've had quite a few windows mobile devices/pda/phones and out of all of them I still prefer my 8700 for general ease of use, stability and reliability...plus it still looks good

LanceInPants no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D427F

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I whole heartedly agree with the data plan comments. IMO the data plan is an absolute must. I love my pearl and I love pinstack.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast