Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hi everyone! I am just curious about something and wanted to get a general concensious ... General Blackberry forum

LanceInPants no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D427F

FakeBerry Users?

Advertisement

Hi everyone! I am just curious about something and wanted to get a general concensious on it. Do those of you who are die hard and/or old school blackberry users look down (to some extent) on all of the new pearl users, as if they're not true blackberry users and they just jumped on the trend wagon? The 8100 is my first blackberry, but I waited and searched long and hard to find a smart phone that could do everything this phone does. I'm very satisfied with my pearl and I use it for business almost as much as I use it for pleasure. Did the release of the pearl make all you more expirienced blackberry users feel a little less exclusive, partly because kids now own blackberries, too? Post your opinions please! Thanks everyone for running such a fantastic forum! Its such a wealth of knowledge.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: FakeBerry Users?

Hey Lance, personally, I welcome everyone to Blackberry Nation. The more of us there are, the better buying power we have. Meaning, that the larger our ranks become, the more our needs are heard and met. Remember, we were all new BB users at one point. This is what I love about the BB world.

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hey Lance, what's up? I am very new to the Blackberry world, and I would say this is better than my Treos or Ipaq. The push email, 10 email capabilities, and all makes my pearl very suitable for my work, business and school. I don't see any reasons why other people who owns a BB would look down to people who got the pearl.

People get blackberries for certain reasons, some companies provide them for reasons too. I don't think that kids owning pearl is a big of a deal.

From what I see, BB isn't a luxury, its for necessity, and how would it be beneficial to a person, as a college student speaking, it helps a lot for school. Organizing things, and also deadlines, not to forget the pearls capabilities to entertain.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

PIN/ID
    PM

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    I say no matter what BB you chose, better late than never.

Right on the spot!

joe allen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32b09853

i have only been on blackberry for two years, but i feel extremely comfortable with with in my abilities and knowledge of the product. i agree with ljbyar, the more the better. the more users the more companies will take notice and design software for them.

i did see a married couple at my kid's school the other day that were obviously new to the BB. she had a pearl and he had an 8700. they were going back and forth showing each other things as they figured out how to use their devices. it does make me smile a bit because they have not yet learned the power of the BB.
    Joe - 8703
    "Blackberryland is a much happier place than Palmville"

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by LanceInPants
    Do those of you who are die hard and/or old school blackberry users look down (to some extent) on all of the new pearl users, as if they're not true blackberry users and they just jumped on the trend wagon?
    Nope. A Blackberry is a Blackberry.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceInPants
    Did the release of the pearl make all you more expirienced blackberry users feel a little less exclusive, partly because kids now own blackberries, too?
    Um, no. I don't select wireless devices based on perceived exclusivity. If that's an important factor (i.e. if one has more money than sense), I recommend looking at Vertu...

LanceInPants no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D427F

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thanks for the input all. I thought it might make for some conversation.

rickchi-town no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    401A3CDC

So... I'm going to jump in at the end here and perhaps go a little off topic, but did anyone else happen to google a vertu? Holy ba**s batman!! Can I borrow your $25,000. phone for a minute? Oh, whats that? You don't ahve service right now? Well, lets just drive your phone home.
    The wonders of the world never cease to amaze me...

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

I too did tons of research on purchasing a smart phone!!!!! In the end, the pearl had all the features I needed and would not give it up for one minute!!!!!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

So did I before I bought my first 7105 lol It had everything I wanted in a phone.

My choices (which I researched heavily before I bought):

Nokia 6800 series
    Nokia 3220
    Nokia 6010
    Nokia 6030
    SDA
    MDA
    Sidekick 2 (the phone that was being replaced)
    Sidekick 3 (which hadn't been released yet)

Ironically, literally less than 2 weeks after I finally got the 7105t, the 8700g was released and a few months later, the Pearl LMAO

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Quote Originally Posted by joe allen
    i have only been on blackberry for two years, but i feel extremely comfortable with with in my abilities and knowledge of the product. i agree with ljbyar, the more the better. the more users the more companies will take notice and design software for them.

i did see a married couple at my kid's school the other day that were obviously new to the BB. she had a pearl and he had an 8700. they were going back and forth showing each other things as they figured out how to use their devices. it does make me smile a bit because they have not yet learned the power of the BB.
    Did you intro them to The Stacks???

eddie8 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317eec66

Personally a blackberry is a blackberry.They just come in all shapes,sizes,colors,etc...lol
    I love my 7520...............................

PIN/ID
    PM

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hey I recommend people to pinstack, but never give away my username lol, so won't get referral.

audreypearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2277FD30

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~whats wrong with referral? Lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast