Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Originally Posted by jblackfish Facebook. The application that keeps on giving.....er, coming back. haha, this ... General Blackberry forum

NYC BELLA 86 xO no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Facebook. The application that keeps on giving.....er, coming back.
    haha, this is true.

well, i needed to get to the bottom of why the facebook calender kept coming up as an option in my calender choices, so i backed-up and wiped my blackberry. after i set up facebook, the first thing that happend was it checked for calender updates, THEN the page to disable options came up. after de-selecting the calender option, there are no facebook events in my calender, but it's still there as a calender choice. so, as long as it doesn't interfere with my actual facebook page events and my blackberry calender, i'm letting it go.

thanks for everyone's help!

JennBailey0706 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PLEASE help me! I downloaded v1.5 (and by the way, I've never used the leaked version, I stuck with v1.2), and it stinks! It is sooo much slower than 1.2, and when I try to view my friends status updates, it has them spaced so far apart on the page, because the new "comment" link is written down the right side of my screen, instead of being one word on one line! It looks like this:
    C
    O
    M
    M
    E
    N
    T

except it's down the right side of my page! I've deleted it and redownloaded it, and it still does it! Any suggestions?
    By the way, I have a sandstone pink 8110 pearl, and i use the most up to date 4..5 software for that specific phone. Thanks!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Freaky, Jenn. Comment is a "clickable" word in the format. Can you click on it too or is it just spread out down the right side? I don't have a clue but it must be an invalide setting on your phone. This is the 1st I've seen of this out of 1.5. Anyone else?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

r1ch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    You can click on the comment link to add and view other comments.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Yes, the link works, it takes me right to the comment page. So it's not like it's horrible, at least I can comment if I want to , but it irritates me because now the status page takes soooo long to load, and I can only figure that it's because it's creating more "lines" on the page because of the way the comment link is. It's just irritating! It was irritating not being able to comment on a status in 1.2, but I would gladly go back to that because I would much rather my app be fast!!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    hmm, I will load this on my son's pearl later today and see how it is? Sounds really odd...
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

tikim143 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2087E5EB

The NEW Facebook

Ok I just downloaded the new version of Facebook for my Blackberry. And either I dwnloaded the wrong copy or I'm just missing somthing b/c I notice NO difference btween the two!!

If I downloaded the older version, could someone please let me know?

Or if the new one still looks like the old 1, could someone please explain to me what the heck is different??!!??

Just a thought - have you gone into the FB options and cleared you cache?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

r1ch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Also as I haven't been following the thread, what OS are you on? I'm on 4.6 on a Javelin with non of these errors. FB actually works really well on my device.

Quote Originally Posted by r1ch007 View Post
    Also as I haven't been following the thread, what OS are you on? I'm on 4.6 on a Javelin with non of these errors. FB actually works really well on my device.
    She's on the "latest" 4.5 for the pearl, R1ch.

Yes, I have cleared the cache - at least, as far as I can tell. I clicked the button to clear it - was something supposed to happen, or do you just assume that it clears it?

And - I am using OS 4.5, which I believe is the most up to date for the pearl 8110.

Ok here's another thing that's odd. Depending on how long the status is for a friend, the "comment" link looks totally different. I have one link that looks like this:

co
    m
    me
    nt

and the friend right below it looks like this:

c
    o

e
    n
    t.

So as you can tell - the link is even missing some letters! It still works, though - I can click right on it and go to the comment page.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Just a thought, can you change your BB default font size to a smaller one and see if that affects it?

Well azstar, that was the best suggestion I've heard all day! And it WORKED!!!! - mostly. Depending on where a status finishes in the line, some of the link runs to the next line, but about 95% of the "comment" link are all on one line - so I'm thrilled! Thanks a lot!

Three cheers for Azstar! She comes through again!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast