Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Ok it took me 2 days to get this thing working right, I am thinking ... General Blackberry forum

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40

Advertisement

Ok it took me 2 days to get this thing working right, I am thinking it because of my 1800 + plus friends on facebook, i was constantly getting the hour glass, and eventualy an out of memory error, or app reset fail, and it just was completely slow.. but while i could use it it, i sorted out 200 some invite request that i hadnt replied to yet, and it eventually sped up, and now seems to be doing ok..

I highly recommend cleaning out your old facebook alerts, and update your friends list before you install the upgrade.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by rashard View Post
    Ok it took me 2 days to get this thing working right, I am thinking it because of my 1800 + plus friends on facebook, i was constantly getting the hour glass, and eventualy an out of memory error, or app reset fail, and it just was completely slow.. but while i could use it it, i sorted out 200 some invite request that i hadnt replied to yet, and it eventually sped up, and now seems to be doing ok..

I highly recommend cleaning out your old facebook alerts, and update your friends list before you install the upgrade.
    1800+ friends, yeah might be time to do some spring cleaning...lol

NYC BELLA 86 xO no está en línea Stack level 2
    This is really frusterating me...I unchecked the calender option and yet, in my calender, view facebook calender is still an option. Anyway to get rid of it? I don't want my facebook calender to show up. Help?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Bella, go to Options/advanced options/default services and change cical to the appropriate calendar.

Thanks a lot! I did it. But Facebook is still coming up an option. When I'm in my calender, and I click "select calender", I have the facebook option and my e-mail address. I just want my e-mail address to show up.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC BELLA 86 xO View Post
    This is really frusterating me...I unchecked the calender option and yet, in my calender, view facebook calender is still an option. Anyway to get rid of it? I don't want my facebook calender to show up. Help?
    I have the same issue, Bella. I think it's because when FB 1.5 installed the default was to connect calendar, messages, etc. to FB. Now my calendar has every birthday listed in my FB friends - not a big problem but I wouldn't have chosen to put them ALL in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Bella, go to Options/advanced options/default services and change cical to the appropriate calendar.
    Az, If I understand you right my cical is set to the appropriate email - that didn't change with the FB 1.5, and I still have the option to show facebook calendar in calendar options.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

I did not select the calendar synch option when I set up the new FB so I have the FB calendar on calendar options but there are no entries.

In the facebook app, go to options and deselect the calendar option. Then to remove the calendar entries, remove the Facebook CICAL service book.

I meant to say in my previous post that the FB calendar has been deselected for a good while and yet the option is still there...probably from when it got set up originally.

Removing the FB cical entry ought to do the trick. Thx, Az.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

AZ, if I delete the Facebook (CICAL) service book, will it STAY deleted? Because I did that earlier and yet it keeps re-appearing.

It may cause those appts to switch to a generic default calendar, but its worth a shot. You may need to delete manually.

I never selected the calendar option but it still installed the option for the FB calendar and changed my default on me.

It's still not working.

I think it would drive me less crazy if I just kept the facebook entries. But now my stupid calender decides not to show them regardless, even when I HAVE checked the option. UGH!

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Just a note, I removed the Facebook cal yesterday and just found that after a reboot it comes back...

Same here, moto. How annoying is that?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    yeah it will keep coming back as long as you have FB installed.

Facebook. The application that keeps on giving.....er, coming back.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast