I know there is already a Facebook 1.5 thread, but in this one, I would ... General Blackberry forum

8800bruin no está en línea Stack level 3

Facebook 1.5 and Desktop Manager connected to a BES

Advertisement

I know there is already a Facebook 1.5 thread, but in this one, I would like to talk about a specific symptom that even stumped RIM support yesterday. Want to see if anyone else is having this problem.

BlackBerry Bold 9000 running 4.6.0.185, connected to a BES 4.1.6.9 server, installed Facebook 1.5.0.32 (symptom was also there with 1.5.0.31). When my handheld is not connected to my desktop manager, the Facebook app works great!

However, when my phone is connected to the DM, the app pretty much stops working. I'll get messages, but when I try to open them "This message cannot be displayed" or "None of your friends have updated their status".

As soon as i disconnect from the PC, it all comes back to life. Thinking it was my computer at work I tried my home PC (which is VPN'ed to the office). Same thing.

When I try the DM without connectivity to the BES, the app also works. So the question is does physically being connected to a BES via DM disrupt the new app?

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    How long and why do you leave it connected to desktop manager? If you are simply connecting it to your PC to charge your phone, you can do that without having Desktop Manager open...

8800bruin no está en línea Stack level 3
    The main reason is so I don't receive duplicate messages on my phone when i'm at work.