I bought a 8700g at a kiosk. While she was activating it, she was unable ... General Blackberry forum

Morgion13 no está en línea Stack level 1

Extra Sim Card

Advertisement

I bought a 8700g at a kiosk. While she was activating it, she was unable to find the sim card. She was very new. So, she grabbed another one from a phone to use. Once I got home I checked the box and lo and behold there was the original sim card for the 8700g. My question is, what do I do with the unused one? I am assuming that T-Mobile has to activate it so it probably is worthless.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Extra Sim Card

There's a market on Ebay for them. Apparently the folks in India and China are buying them up like hotcakes.

You maybe able to get it activated for a second line or something. Maybe a prepaid line that you only use when you have to call the Batphone.

It's probably useless.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by BenMarvin
    You maybe able to get it activated for a second line or something. Maybe a prepaid line that you only use when you have to call the Batphone.
    LOL

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

oh just toss it. it is too much work to try to sell it unless you know another person who uses your same service you have.

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by Morgion13
    I bought a 8700g at a kiosk. While she was activating it, she was unable to find the sim card. She was very new. So, she grabbed another one from a phone to use. Once I got home I checked the box and lo and behold there was the original sim card for the 8700g. My question is, what do I do with the unused one? I am assuming that T-Mobile has to activate it so it probably is worthless.
    Keep it if your current sim goes bad like mine did it will save you $35 that they will charge you for a new one!

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Find someone else with T-Mobile and switch it out with them and then insert theirs into ur phone and make calls to China and Japan and Europe. They will think their sim card went bad and U could have some fun for a month or atleast until they got their next phone bill.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by msbrenda64
    Keep it if your current sim goes bad like mine did it will save you $35 that they will charge you for a new one!
    That's what I'm going to do if this current SIM card goes bad. I have 3 or 4 more sim cards from previous phones and BB's (all T-Mobile) so I can have a new one activated if needed.

Chronic no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21314C1D

I had an extra sim like that. I put it in a phone a few months ago. It connected! And registered as a Atlanta, Georgia area code 404 # to some business. (I used MyTmo to figure that out) I live in Seattle. Had an extra line for a month until they figured it out. Funny. I like never used it but that is the sotry of an extra SIM card i had.

sandreezy no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    202d7385

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i think the prole in India know something we don't know

My dad actually bought a duo-sim card thing and a aim card cloner. So you can clone another sim card and use that then when time is expired on one, switch to the other or something

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I work for T-Mobile, there isn't much you can do with them except keep it for an extra. I get to sell all the extra ones I get for straight cash. The only thing is, is that people ask me for them, I don't know how else you'd sell them?