What's up everybody, I am really confused right now. My wife and I are still ... General Blackberry forum

biggp no está en línea Stack level 2

!!!Extra $30 bucks!!!

Advertisement

What's up everybody, I am really confused right now. My wife and I are still with Alltel adn we called Verizon to inquire about switching over to their phones and plans. The Representative told her that if we wanted to keep blackberrys, we would have to pay an extra $30 per phone/per month. When we asked why, he advised us that its a fee that we'll have to pay to have blackberry telephones. Has anyone out there ever heard this before or is paying this? If so, were you given a better explanation of why? I've looked at other phone carriers and have not been able to see where they are charging an extra $30 for their blackberry's. Someone Please Advise.

Thanks,

BIGGP

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Yes, it's common, most carriers charge seperately for a BIS plan. I am an Alltel customer as well, the base plan similar to my old Alltel plan is cheaper but once you add the $30 x 2 BBs my bill with them will be about $30 more per month and I will lose some features....not thrilled about this merger at all! But I got my first VZW bill this month and they seem to charge less fees than Alltel did because my bill is $8 less than with Alltel. So I guess overall I will be paying about $20 or so more per month.

Alltel just included this in with their Smartchoice plan for all smartphones....
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    My whole time I was with Alltel I had to pay 40 bucks for each blackberry on my plan. Same as Verizon. This was along with the rest of my package. So I don't get it at all. How long have ya'll been with Alltel? Maybe that had something to do with it.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    5 or 6 years for me, but many times carriers price differently by market too....maybe that's why for you too....are you paying $40 more on vzw per bb?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Yes basically stayed the same the jump in or cost was from adding another BB to the account.

I understand the seperate charge for the BIS plan, maybe i misunderstood it, but i was under the impression that there would be an additional $30 on top of the phone plan and the blackberry plans. I hope and pray i was just listening wrong.

We've been with Alltel for approx 2 years now
    Last edited by biggp; 11-05-2009 at 01:23 PM. Reason: left a number out

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Actually you pay for the plan. Then it is 9.99 per line on the plan after the first and 29.99 for each blackberry plan. Or at least that's how I understood it.

Ok, thanks, I think I need to go into a store and talk to someone and get another explanation, so i'll know for sure. Thanks Everyone.

BIGGP

pennaryan no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yes. You have you basic family share plan for the minutes. This is good with any phone. Once you add a smartphone its an additional 30.00/line/mo for the "unlimited" data. You must have this in order to have your Blackberry on Verizon. There are no ways around this! And I have yet to get a good reason. This is one of the reasons I am no longer a verizon customer.