has anyone tried to use a regular usb keyboard with a mini-usb converter on a ... General Blackberry forum

redsoxfan3833 no está en línea Stack level 1

external keyboard question

Advertisement

has anyone tried to use a regular usb keyboard with a mini-usb converter on a blackberry? if so did it work?

therock99 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2568333E
    well i tryed to connect my logitech diNovo Mini once, but it did't work out :/

ughh nothing is ever easy with a blackberry

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    The protocol standards for USB communication and designed such that reverse coupling of devices like this would never be possible. Just because the physical ends of a connector fit your purpose does not mean they can physically communicate with each other. That being said, the only way to currently use a keyboard with a blackberry is to use a specially designed bluetooth keyboard with special bluetooth software. Total cost is over $100, and there are only 2 known developers I have heard of that practice this. It surely would have been nice if RIM just allowed all bluetooth input devices to pair up like this, but for some crazy reason they didnt.

I've seen one keyboard that connects to the blackberry directly through a mini usb cable, but it was $150. might just go with a bluetooth one then. thanks for the help.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    I haven't attempted connecting a keyboard to a bb. However I'm sure that there must be something that might work.. Perhaps in a BB accessories place. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~