I have a new person who started with my company today, and he has a ... General Blackberry forum

wyy183 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AAA616

Export Contacts?

Advertisement

I have a new person who started with my company today, and he has a BB 88XX from his previous employer. I'm going to help him get a backup of it today through DM.

He has asked if there is any way to export his contact list to Excel, or some other format. Has anyone had any luck in this regard?

He doesn't have access to his previous company's BES, nor does he have access to ours.

Thanks,

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Wyy, You can sync the BB using Outlook (for example) and then export the contacts to file and select the Excel option. That's a way to do it.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    24AAA616
    Any suggestions on what to do if you don't have Outlook? Is there a way to export to Excel directly?

(FWIW - I spend about 1/2 of my life in Excel...)

I don't know of another way. Outlook can be downloaded on a free trial for 60 days here. Get it, use it, buy it (you might like it) or let the trial run out.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    24AAA616
    I just figured it out...

I'm on DM 4.6, and went in to Synchronize, and set it up to export as a CSV text file.

Just had to find out where to do that!!

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by wyy183 View Post
    I just figured it out...

I'm on DM 4.6, and went in to Synchronize, and set it up to export as a CSV text file.

Just had to find out where to do that!!

Thanks,
    Great wyy! I learned from that one too - didn't know that was available - I'm still using DM 4.3 and don't know if that option is in there. I'll look for it next chance I get. There are SO many ways to accomplish a task. Happy stacking.