Hi, i have now had my first BB for a couple of days now (8310) ... General Blackberry forum

immortalkhalsa no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2068EBE2

explanations please

Advertisement

Hi, i have now had my first BB for a couple of days now (8310) and im nott to impressed with the reliability of the email function unfortunatly :cry:

i am on the o2 nework in the UK and i have a couple of questions:
    1. i often send an email somewhere and CC my own email just to see if it goes through. i may get the email on my PC account but it wont come through to my BB? ie
    2. sometime a email message on the BB appears has it has gone through ie a tick appears and the next day the tick turns to a cross showing that it failed?
    3. sometimes my BB is on the gprs and sometimes its on the edge network. does this mean it is only working when on edge?
    4. my mailbox is full of emails with the subject RIM_bca28a80-e9c0-11d1-87fe-00600811c6a2 and the body of the text says [FONT=Consolas]This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Consolas]any help much apprecited, i do hope i make make my BB more reliable [/FONT]

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: explanations please

~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

I'm in the US but I can tell you for sure that being on GPRS (which I am most of the time at home) or EDGE should have no effect on your emails - they will work on either coverage and, if you lose completely coverage, you will get the emails when coverage resumes.

You also shouldn't have to cc yourself to check your emails. You should get an indication back if the email failed to go through. Your provider"s system should take care of that notification. Remember that one of the strongest features of a BB is email. Make sure that you have your email address(es) set up to your BB account. Some providers allow this to be done on a P-C AND your BB and some only on your BB.

As for #4 (the strange msg in your email) you might have to talk to your provider to resolve that.

I'm using an O2 unlocked Pearl in the US on T-Mobile. I hope some of that helps. Hang in there - you'll get it right and learn as you go along. Good luck.

jb

immortalkhalsa no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2068EBE2

thanks very much cliff. the links you provided helped me solve that particular problem.
    also emails have now become more reliable, i didnt do anything really i think somehow it just smoothed out...maybe early teething problems?