Sennheiser MM-50 Take it from a mastering engineer, these things are GOOD. And they've got ... General Blackberry forum

howdini no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EBDAC5

Excellent Headphones

Advertisement

Sennheiser MM-50

Take it from a mastering engineer, these things are GOOD. And they've got the mic, so you can use the phone.

I got 'em for $50 @ J&R Music in NYC.

Still looking for the elusive 2.5-3.5 adapter, tho'..:

deadlee no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Excellent Headphones

I did find a 2.5mm to 3.5mm stereo adapter @ Radio Shack. Sweet right? Not so much...because the Pearl uses a 3 way plugin (Stereo and Mic). The 2 way plug only offers mono playback on the Right channel.

They should make a Bluetooth audio FM adapter.

phidauex no está en línea Stack level 2

Just a note, while Howdini is right, and the MM-50s are really excellent sounding headphones (sennheiser always makes good headphones), the answer/end button does NOT work on the Blackberry Pearl. The mic works, and you get real stereo sound, but no answer/end button function.

I've done some testing, and the button shorts the wrong two pins. It is supposed to short the tip and the bottom sleeve, but doesn't. I'm thinking of cracking it open and resoldering the switch (make sure you've got a tiny soldering tip, and a steady hand...).

As for the female 2.5mm to male 3.5mm, I read on a forum somewhere that someone had one that came with a Body Glove brand headset, and then someone else contacted Body Glove directly and requested a replacement 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter, and they sent them one, apparently worked quite well on their ipod.

Peace,
    sam

mbarlow no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E81EC0

Search Seidio Adapter here and you'll find it. It works great, too! I was in Target Sunday and they had an adapter with a microphone (you will want this, trust me) and a retractable cable for $15. I would get permission to try it in the store before you buy to make sure it works with the Pearl. You must put the headphones in the adapter before you put the adapter in the phone, or you will only get sound in one earpiece. Weird but true.

Krissy101 no está en línea Stack level 2

Future Shop in canada sells an adapter for $6.99... dont know how well it works though

howdini no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EBDAC5

Right you are, sam; I'd forgotten that I've been using the phone's answer button to pick up calls, but that doesn't really bother me. What irks me is that I bought one of those retractable adapters @ Best Buy the other day, as it said it worked for BBs; it worked, but delivered only mono sound. I had to buy it to check it out, but @ least I demoed it in-store & got a refund immediately. Same thing happened to me @ Target yesterday...grrr...why is this so difficult!??!
    Time to check that Seidio, I guess...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kdstegh no está en línea Stack level 2

I purchased these at Best Buy and they have been great!

http://www.plantronics.com/north_ame...39/prod5590017

tweezak no está en línea Stack level 2

If you have an 8820 or 8830 (not sure about other models), there are several stereo bluetooth headsets available. After a ton of research, I ended up getting the Plantronics Voyager 855 from Newegg for $59. I think they are really excellent as long as you don't mind in-ear phones. I'm really glad to be able to finally listen to my phone like an mp3 player and having no cord is a major plus!

I wrote about my experience with the headset in the accessories section.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=57770

Here's another review on Pinstack:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...d.php?p=567727

Lots of info at CNET too.

Cheers!