Is it all of them? I don't think this has been a topic of discussion ... General Blackberry forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Exactly WHICH BB's Have Intel Chips?

Advertisement

Is it all of them?

I don't think this has been a topic of discussion before, but it seems as if everyone is only under the assumption that the 8700 has chips created by Intel.
    Obviously the chip that is in the 8700 is Intel, but a better chip, however, while scanning through some of RIM's old files, it looks as if even the 850 pagers had Intel chips in them.

So that being said...Have they ALWAYS had Intel chips and the 8700 is just the first chip that is multimedia capable?

From RIM Website:

------------------------------------------

Key Features of the RIM Inter@ctive Pager 850:

* 32-bit Intel386™ processor, with 2 MB Intel Flash memory.
    * Embedded wireless modem with 2 watt transmitter and high-efficiency receiver.
    * Optimized keyboard and thumb-operated track wheel.
    * Easy-to-read backlit screen (selectable 8-line or 6-line display).
    * Wearable size - 3.5"x 2.5" x 0.93" (weighs less than 5 ounces with battery).
    ETC...

The new RIM 857 Wireless Handheld delivers RIM's award-winning wireless technology in a sleek, palm-sized device with a large, crisp display. The RIM 857 operates on Bell Mobility's 800 MHz ARDIS wireless data network.

Key features include:

* Integrated wireless email - support for RIM's BlackBerry™ wireless email solution.
    * Full-featured, connected organizer - includes calendar, address book, task list, memo pad, calculator and alarm; synchronizes with PC using docking cradle and Puma Technology's award-winning Intellisync™ software.
    * Wireless Internet / intranet - access to information on the Web and corporate intranets using tools such as Neomar's WAP-based microbrowser and Bell Mobility's Mobile Browser™ service.
    * Industry-leading performance - with 32-bit Intel 386 processor, 5 MB flash memory plus 512 KB SRAM, embedded wireless modem, optimized keyboard, thumb-operated trackwheel, large backlit screen (user selectable 16 or 20 line display), multiple notification alerts (tone, vibrate, on-screen and/or LED indicator), internal rechargeable Lithium battery, docking/charging cradle, intuitive interface and integrated email/organizer software.

Highlights of the first quarter:

* RIM announced the new palm-sized RIM 957 Wireless Handheld™, which incorporates a large high-quality screen, 32-bit Intel 386™ processor, 5MB flash memory, easy-to-use keyboard, embedded wireless modem, integrated organizer and full support for the BlackBerry wireless email solution. The RIM 957™ began shipping in May 2000.

So, do we need to change our perspective when we say that ONLY the 8700 has an INTEL processor?

Thoughts? Ideas? Information?

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: Exactly WHICH BB's Have Intel Chips?

I don't know much about Intel chips but I like Ruffles or Wavy Lays Chips the best. Esp for dipping

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Ruffles have ridges!

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Which makes em better for dipping... DUH

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Good point N8.

But it seems that all of those devices listed above are Mobitex, and have the 386 (which was still quite old when those Mobitex devices were released).

If you narrow down to only 6xxx, 7xxx, and 8xxx (ie: recent devices), then yes, only the 8700 flavours, and the 7130g/c have the 'newer' Intel chips.

And I prefer Doritos and cheese dip (which has been a junk-food vice of mine for over a decade....why do they keep coming out with new flavours!!!????).

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Also, those listed above are more of the 2-way pager style. None of them have phones.

Perhaps intel just didn't make a chip that could do the BlackBerry stuff AND do a phone, until recently, when RIM obviously switched back to Intel.

bcoutlander no está en línea Stack level 1

I believe the 7130e also use the Intel chip... I could be wrong though...

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Welcome to PinStack, bcoutlander,

I am not so sure about the 7130e, but then I am not that familiar with it. Anyway. Let us know if there is any help you need from the Stackers.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

shafferds no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23d2a4fe

i know the 8700 has an intel chip - . . . now where are my baked lays . . .
    DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY

CAPONE no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    300C099E

The only 2 models of Blackberry with the newer Intel chips are the 7130 and the 8700. Incidentally, these are the only 2 BB's that play "streaming" video from SonaMobile.