Anyone else tried this service? I have a free account with JANGL (google for home ... General Blackberry forum

Operation_X no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Ever Used JANGL On Your BB???

Advertisement

Anyone else tried this service? I have a free account with JANGL (google for home page), and it works perfectly. The details can be viewed there. Sorry, I'm not in Stack Level 2 yet... so not allowed to post URLs nor links.

Such a service is excellent for people who do not wish to change their private phone numbers; designate free outbound calls while maintaining anonymity (unlike grandcentral); delete/block individual/telemarketing contacts at will; utilize one main voicemail box instead of two; receive inbound calls with prior mandatory call screening; designate different forwarding numbers at will; maintain special widgets on blogs or websites for faster transactions with interested customers/viewers; among others. The site is also geared for individuals who do business on ebay, craigslist, etc.

I'm pretty glad that I stumbled upon the Jangl site, even by accident, as I especially love the convenience of having to deal with only one main voicemail box (maintained by paid transcription company Simulscribe). Keeping my original mobile digits private is a big deal with me, and this service definitely fulfills that promise.

Anyway if there are any other Jangl members out there, especially if you use your BBs as main phones, feel free to drop in a line about your experience!
    Last edited by Operation_X; 03-26-2007 at 07:09 AM.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Re: Ever Used JANGL On Your BB???

Sounds to me like an ad.

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Arrow Re: Ever Used JANGL On Your BB???

janglme no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi all,

I signed up here specifically so I could comment on this -- I work for Jangl and you can always hit me up at tim at jangl dot com.

Operation X, your post pretty much nails it. Keep in mind that Jangl can be used on any phone, landline, mobile, VoIP, etc. And yep, we know of many folks who use it with their BB. With a Jangl ID or widget on your site or any profile, people can get a number to call you -- your digits and theirs are both totally safe, and as you said, you can control all of your numbers by logging into your Jangl account online.

In a few weeks, we'll be rolling out SMS capability too -- so you'll be able to text safely using the same number. And there's more to come beyond that, as well -- 'round the May or June timeframe.

If you want to get the widget, you'll have to sign-up at the URL above.

Email me with any q's, or just reply here and I'll keep an eye out for comments.

Thanks for talking about Jangl.

tim

Question Re: Ever Used JANGL On Your BB???

Quote Originally Posted by janglme
    Hi all,

I signed up here specifically so I could comment on this -- I work for Jangl and you can always hit me up at tim at jangl dot com.

Operation X, your post pretty much nails it. Keep in mind that Jangl can be used on any phone, landline, mobile, VoIP, etc. And yep, we know of many folks who use it with their BB. With a Jangl ID or widget on your site or any profile, people can get a number to call you -- your digits and theirs are both totally safe, and as you said, you can control all of your numbers by logging into your Jangl account online.

In a few weeks, we'll be rolling out SMS capability too -- so you'll be able to text safely using the same number. And there's more to come beyond that, as well -- 'round the May or June timeframe.

If you want to get the widget, you'll have to sign-up at the URL above.

Email me with any q's, or just reply here and I'll keep an eye out for comments.

Thanks for talking about Jangl.

tim
    Tim, I read tons of reviews on JANGL prior to signing up. A lot of testimonials stated that this service may be a hassle when communicating with businesspeople (i.e. extra step taken in having to log online to obtain a number just to possibly complete one transaction with one person, etc.). As an employee for this growing company, what do you think would be a more effective means of introducing your JANGL ID to potential sellers/customers, whether the setting takes place online or other? Will there be a shortcut of sorts for obtaining such disposable digits to maintain each sides' privacy developed in the near future?

bump