i was just on the phone with t-mobile they told me something that I decided ... General Blackberry forum

aliveinbrooklyn Guest

Event Log Takes Up Memory

Advertisement

i was just on the phone with t-mobile they told me something that I decided to share. They said the phone keeps an event log thats saves everything you do , from time it get bigger and bigger and take up more and more space on your phone.
    There is a way to disable that by holding ALT and pressing LG LG then hit the menu and go into options then scroll down to alarm and hit menu then select HIDE ALL TYPES then save and your done. and they said its safe to do that

Just thought someone might be interested. thanks

t.brock no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Event Log Takes Up Memory

But if you hide it, doesnt still keep a record of what events are happening on the phone? why not just clear every so often instead of HIDING IT.....
    Thumbs must hurt....
    Crackberry addict........
    Give the lazy man a hard job to do, and he will find the easy way to do it!!!

Spamdumpster no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2423c9c5

AFAIK, t.brock is correct. Hiding it does just that -- hides it. It's best to make a habit of deleting it every so often.

Quote Originally Posted by Spamdumpster View Post
    AFAIK, t.brock is correct. Hiding it does just that -- hides it. It's best to make a habit of deleting it every so often.
    True, best to delete it -- but keep in mind the contents of the event log is text, which, on a Berry takes very little space (relatively speaking). If someone is having issues with memory, deleting the event log will help a little, but the problem is elsewhere. Too many aps, too many pictures, too many sounds.