I have a question for the stackers out there has anyone ever did a ESN ... General Blackberry forum

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

ESN swap

Advertisement

I have a question for the stackers out there has anyone ever did a ESN swap with verizon to another carrier I really want the storm but don't want to open another line for data on verizon if I can just buy the storm outright and put it on my sprint account

04Taco no está en línea Stack level 3
    Last I heard, Sprint wouldn't allow "foreign" ESNs on their network. They have a list of all ESNs allowed and if your ESN is not in that list, they won't activate it. This is to keep a phone that Sprint has not tested to see if it works on their network from being activated, therefore stopping any potential customer complaints. I am trying to find out if this is still Sprints practice and will post when I have more information.

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    I just called verizon a retail store and customer service and the way it was put to me is the upcoming storm/any other verizon phone won't work on another carrier I'm kinda disappointed but don't feel to bad I could have bought the phone and been pissed I couldn't use it ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

04Taco no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)
    That's really not true. Their phones are CDMA phones. They will work on any CDMA carrier, Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, etc. They are just locked to the carrier. I'm not sure of how to unlock the phones but once you got it unlocked, you would have the issue I described above.