I am trying to install youmail on my Sprint 8830, and I get the following ... General Blackberry forum

wifi4milez no está en línea Stack level 3

Error net_rim_xml_org??

Advertisement

I am trying to install youmail on my Sprint 8830, and I get the following error

"This application requires the following module, which is not installed: net_rim_xml_org"

What is this and where can I download/install it?

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Its a .cod file it can be found here C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared\Loader Files\os#\Java. Its near the end of the list. It gets installed automatically through DM or app loader when you install your os. Make sure its there. I don't see why it wouldn't be but if not reninstall the bb os on the pc then attach bb and go through the motions of installing the os to your bb. It should install the .cod automatically.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Last edited by Safiy; 02-22-2009 at 11:36 PM.

I dont have that folder on my computer, as I cant install the BB Desktop software. Do you happen to have an OTA link to that file?

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    It can only be installed through DM its part of the os package. Why can't you install DM?

Installing DM overrides my corporate BES settings, and prevents me from accessing my work email (it configures a local email account instead).

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    I can email the .cod but I'm not sure how it will help you

Would I be able to send the file to my phone and have it work like that?

To clarify, if you were to email it to me could I then email it to my phone and then somehow load it from there?

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    No. Sorry.

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    I don't know much about BES but couldn't you install DM and os, correct the .cod issue and then reconfigure your email accounts? Again I'm no BES expert but I thought if you didn't select anything it would leave your email config alone?
    Last edited by Safiy; 02-23-2009 at 12:10 AM.

youmailfan no está en línea Stack level 1

YouMail

Which BB O/S are you on? That error message is from 4.2 - YouMail's client only supports 4.3 and up. You might try VyMail instead - which seems to support 4.2.

Also - if you're on Sprint, I'm assuming you're aware that they'll charge you 20c/minute for the call forwarding to YouMail - having the app doesn't change that.

Yes, I could install DM to download the file and then reconfigure the BES. However, doing so requires I basically set up my device from scratch again (contacts, settings, etc.) as well as spending a good deal of time on the phone with my corporate IT department getting the BES settings in place. BES is a remotely configured service, so its much more involved than the DM config.

Quote Originally Posted by youmailfan View Post
    Which BB O/S are you on? That error message is from 4.2 - YouMail's client only supports 4.3 and up. You might try VyMail instead - which seems to support 4.2.

Also - if you're on Sprint, I'm assuming you're aware that they'll charge you 20c/minute for the call forwarding to YouMail - having the app doesn't change that.

I am on 4.2.2.123 which is unfortunately the highest Sprint supported version. I will check out VyMail, thanks for the tip. Regarding the $0.20 forwarding charge, I am aware of it however I dont get more than about 20 VM's per month so thats only an extra $4 (still annoying as hell though!).

manx driver no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Doesn't YouMail and VyMail make *every* call forwarded therefore potentially resulting in a charge for *every* call, whether it goes to voicemail or not?

Quote Originally Posted by manx driver View Post
    Doesn't YouMail and VyMail make *every* call forwarded therefore potentially resulting in a charge for *every* call, whether it goes to voicemail or not?
    No, you set your phone to "call forward no answer" and point it at the Youmail service. This way it only forwards (and charges you) when it sends the call to the youmail voicemail box.