I recently wrote a super-important e-mail and saved the draft in my messages folder. Today, ... General Blackberry forum

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

Erased E-mail Emergency-please Help!!!

Advertisement

I recently wrote a super-important e-mail and saved the draft in my messages folder. Today, I sent the message to what I thought was my own Yahoo! e-mail address. I then erased the "sent message" from my messages list, not thinking that the saved draft would become the sent message(duh!) and be erased. A couple minutes went by and I didn't receie the e-mail on my berry. I logged onto my e-mail from my PC assuming it was just taking a few minutes longer than usual to get deliverd to my device. I can now only assume that I accidentally typed the address incorrectly, because I never got the message delivered to my inbox. I REALLY, REALLY need this e-mail, does anyone have any advice on how I might be able to find a copy of the draft or sent message I so stupidly erased? PLEASE HELP!!!

nbirdsong no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32B1FF41

Re: Erased E-mail Emergency-please Help!!!

If you are on a BES you may have a copy of the sent email in your outbox on your computer that has the same email account. Only thing I can think of....
    PIN: 301576CD
    Pin me anytime

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

even if you aren't on a bes...
    what email did you send it from - please say work and not something like tmo...
    IF you sent it from your work address, it may still be in your sent there. the key question here is, where or what email did you use to 'send' the email.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I know this may not help you now, but in the future it may. You can set to hide your sent messages, so they are still there when you unhide them.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

I also recommend hiding sent items rather than deleting them. What you probably did was delete the message before it was sent -- meaning it's really, really gone. Did you notice whether there was a check next to the message before deleting it? Any other icon means it was attempting to send the message or it didn't send the message. What makes matters worse is that sometimes the red X (failed) will appear later on.

On the other hand, if you hide sent items then the message will "disappear" when sent and you can avoid this in the future.

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

If you really did send it and had the mistyped address sometimes after a day or so the messages gets returned to you as "undeliverable".

This is only if the address you mistyped is not a working one though.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Plus if you mistyped the address and it is not a correct email address it will come back and say undeliverable or no such recipient, or something similar.