I apologize in advance, Administering my company's BES is a very small portion of what ... General Blackberry forum

sbraudrick no está en línea Stack level 1

Erase Messages & Contacts Remotely

Advertisement

I apologize in advance, Administering my company's BES is a very small portion of what I do and I am therefore not very well versed in it....

I have a user that has decided to move on to greener pastures and take his 7103e with him (with our blessing). Since we have allowed him to purchase the unit and move the service to his name, I need a way to remove email and contacts from his device without disabling the device or preventing him from activating it on another email network.

Does the "Erase & Kill" command disable the actual unit or does it just reverse the activation process and delete email / PIM information and leave the unit in a wiped state?

Any ideas / solutions are greatly appreciated,

SB

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Erase Messages & Contacts Remotely

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Unlocking A Blackberry - Wiping Policies
    http://www.voicecareaustralia.com.au...er/blackberry/

mjw
    mjw no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    249D663E

[You wrote :I have a user that has decided to move on to greener pastures and take his 7103e with him (with our blessing). Since we have allowed him to purchase the unit and move the service to his name, I need a way to remove email and contacts from his device without disabling the device or preventing him from activating it on another email network.

Does the "Erase & Kill" command disable the actual unit or does it just reverse the activation process and delete email / PIM information and leave the unit in a wiped state?]

I am running BES 4.1.1 I have Erase data and lock handheld.. I beleive it is the same as your Kill command..
    When I send this I also send a password that locks the device.
    You can let the user know you will wipe the device and give them the password.

If this is a user who you can talk to you can walk them through a "Wipe device" from options - security options on the handheld.

Both of these options bring the device back to the original setup.. and will allow them to activate another e-mail service/account.

Also once you remove their account from the BES they will no longer recieve or beable to send corporate e-mail but that will allow them to keep the contacts and whatever e-mail is currently on the device..if you do not wipe it....

Hope this helps a little... MJ

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    MJ is correct except that the device will remain locked onto your company's BES policies, regardless of how its wiped, unless it is removed from the BES via my instructions above. And no, this can't be done remotely.