Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Personally i think insurance is a fluke... you pay for it, and once you need ... General Blackberry forum

hexcr03 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24238CA7

Re: Equipment Protection... is it really worth it?

Advertisement

Personally i think insurance is a fluke... you pay for it, and once you need it there are so many restrictions...

mikearend no está en línea Stack level 2

you can also get a policy from your insurance agent that covers loss, dropping it in the toilet ect. usually pretty cheap

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Thumbs up Re: Equipment Protection... is it really worth it?

Cingular does not offer insurance on BlackBerry's! That's one strike against them in my book but, got to say that their data service is dang quick and the uptime has been real stable!!
    Thanks!

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

I'll have to look into the policy with my insurance agent!!! Never thought that my insurance company would cover my BB.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05

it isn't worth when you can by a replacement from ebay for around 30 bux. and get a new phone anytime you want

mothwingdust no está en línea Stack level 2

I just spent $400 on my 8100...$5 a month isn't going to kill me (and I did drop a phone in the toilet several months ago. Because I'd renewed my contract not to long before that, I had to buy another phone at full price...I have had equipment protection ever since.) Besides, considering I spend at least $5 a day on cigarettes, I figure it might even be helping me in the long run by taking away at least one pack of smokes every month!

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Make sure to read the fine print. A lot of times phone in water doesn't get covered as it is abuse from the owner. They will look for anything they can to try and prove the owner did the damage on purpose and not pay up.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

PIN/ID
    3115EE05

but still, why spend all that money buying abrand new phone, all yah gotta do is get the freebie from them, then go on ebay buy the phone you want dirt cheap and unlock it in required and use it in place of the freebie

mothwingdust no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~T-Mobile's extended coverage applies to any damage,and is specifically for that type of damage, no matter how it was caused (the regular 1 year warranty only covers manufacturing defects.) There is a $100 deductable though, but it's still cheaper than spending yet another $400.

PIN/ID
    3115EE05

think about it this way, the phone costs 400 dollars, for that price you can buy 10 of them if wanted and keep 9 as spares, and save 200 dollars on the cost of the new one, aswell and 100 dollar deductable and 8 or 10 dollars a month for inssurance. i have been bying phones from ebay for sometime now and i am a firm believer in it. people just don't do it because they don't want a used ONE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12