Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The microphone recently found itself loose on my 7100i. I called NEXTEL and with no ... General Blackberry forum

AndersDahl no está en línea Stack level 1

Equipment Protection... is it really worth it?

Advertisement

The microphone recently found itself loose on my 7100i. I called NEXTEL and with no hassles and no charge they sent me a "new" phone. I pay something like $8 a month for equipment protection. I just ordered a Pearl through T-mobile and signed up for it too.
    My question is: How many of you have equipment protection and how many have had to use it? Has anyone returned a phone or had it fixed without paying for the protection plan? Is it all worth it? Do you actually get a new phone or just a referb?

evilcaptain no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Equipment Protection... is it really worth it?

It depends on the user. If you are rough with your phones then it might pay off to get that insurance. If you upgrade often then it would probably not be worth it in my opinion.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

I don't pay for equipment protection.

First off, the devices are warrantied for a year anyways from RIM, so if something breaks, its covered.

Second, if I ever lost any of my devices, I would probably beat myself into a coma for doing so thus giving myself long-term brain damage meaning that I probably wouldn't even be able to re-learn how to use a BlackBerry when and if I awoke from my self induced coma.

Third, if my device was stolen, I would make it my mission to track it down and injure the responsible parties.

And as a little mind-bleep, if someone tries to steal my phone or if it does happen to get lost, I put the following message on it in my Owner area, so that when the keyboard is locked, it reads:

WARNING!
    Property Of United States Government
    Device Traceable Thru GPS Tracking If Lost Or Stolen
    Contact 615-***-****
    Theft of device WILL be prosecuted.

I think that will be a fairly effective message if it ever is stolen because most people think that BlackBerrys can pretty much sprout legs and cannons from the side of the device, shoot it's way out of downtown Baghdad, get on a plane and fly itself back to its owner anyways.

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9

N8 thats an interesting and different approach!

For what its worth, my message reads:

*REWARD*REWARD*REWARD*

If you find me please phone
    01573 ### #####

to return me and claim your REWARD
    THANK YOU

Hmm, carrot and stick. Are Americans sufficiently scared of the Government. This side of the pond, a message like that would probably result in yer BB being sold to a gutter tabloid newspaper. I think I prefer "Mr Nice Guy".....

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    N8, RIM will only cover manufacturer defects, like the speaker going out, or keys not working. They will not cover theft or stolen, or any damage done by the consumer. I have the protection on my pearl! (yes, you're such a good little phone aren't you...)

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by giamburrasca
    Are Americans sufficiently scared of the Government.
    If anyone found it, the majority would be scared to death and call the number immediately. They think that if you didn't and they caught you with it, Cheney and Bush would classify you a terrorist trying to gather information and ship you off to Guantanamo Bay

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by I7oobie
    N8, RIM will only cover manufacturer defects, like the speaker going out, or keys not working.
    Thats why I broke it down to 3 different categories.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

If you're with Cingular it doesn't really matter as they don't even offer coverage. If you somehow ended up with insurance on your BB they may cover it once but you will be dropped after your first claim.

shafferds no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23d2a4fe

for me with insurence you pay 6 bucks a month on t-mo thats 72 bucks a year + whatever taxes are and 110 claim fee - so you have to shell out after taxes and all round 200 bucks a year for your protection?? ummmmm device is 350 brand new no contract - ummmmm up to you - i dont have it on any of my phones i think i will go through safeware.com for like 50 bucks a year
    DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY

Jimbo2337 no está en línea Stack level 1
    They'll send you a new phone, but after you pay $110 for the deductable! If your phone was lost or stolen they require a police report to be sent with your claim. Big scam!!

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Quote Originally Posted by I7oobie
    N8, RIM will only cover manufacturer defects, like the speaker going out, or keys not working. They will not cover theft or stolen, or any damage done by the consumer. I have the protection on my pearl! (yes, you're such a good little phone aren't you...)
    from what I know.. they will cover manufacturer defects.. only if it's not exposed in water, dropped, misused etc.. but if your bb have been dropped then you will pay the deductible. Also, if your BB have been stolen or lost.. they will give you a new one, but ofcourse with a deductible fee of $100 (8700g).

Yes, I think the insurance is worth it. It's good to have peace of mind all the time. YaAA

shafferds no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23d2a4fe

the funny thing is that its NOT A CRIME TO LOSE something - the police wont file a report if you lost something - why wont they get this through their heads.
    DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

I think it's time to change my owner prompt!!!

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I had insurance on 2 phones with nextel, and first time I lost my phone fine got a new one.

Second time only a month later(yes I know I was careless) they said it was going to take a month to get the new one, they had to send me some papers then I had to send them back with the phone and wait for them to send the new one.
    Since I'm not on a budget i'd rather just buy it. I don't have to explain nothing to no one but for people who are More careful than me well worth it I'd say.
    Last edited by EvolutionCSR; 10-07-2006 at 03:50 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast