So have run into this error a lot when trying to download anything and most ... General Blackberry forum

rans0m00 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241EFA65

Entity too large

Advertisement

So have run into this error a lot when trying to download anything and most recently while trying to download a podcast(30mb). I have looked over previous posts and have not found an exact answer to what I'm wondering.I am on Tmobile BIS with an 8320. So I have found out from the previous posts that it would be a restriction tmo has put in place. Other people have said when you use wifi only it should let you download bigger files... Well tmo was no help basicly said if its not a supported website then they can't help me. Unless I'm doing it wrong then I can't do it over wifi either... If anyone knows how over wifi please let me know in detail since I have tried and failed... So the last thing I can think of is would running unite let me do this? I know its a scary idea but I think it would be more help than hurt. Or even better a streaming program that will let me listen to podcasts?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I'm not that familiar with podcasts, but are you saying you're attempting to download a 30mb file to your device? Is this something that could be loaded to a media card? Your device memory isn't sufficient to support a file that large.

PIN/ID
    241EFA65
    Yep I only have 20mb free on my device and 1gig free on my sd card and I should load them from home but life happens and you forget the important thing but then you remember when you are driving and remember the podcast you forgot to load~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    241EFA65
    Btw the podcast I'm trying to get is trying to download as an mp3~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by rans0m00 View Post
    Yep I only have 20mb free on my device and 1gig free on my sd card.(wap.pinstack.com)~
    First, all media like songs, podcasts, photos, video, are all to be put on the memory card in your phone. NOT on the phones memory.

Second, you must use your computer to download podcasts, video or any file that you want on that card other than if you take a picture with your BlackBerry as then it gives you the option to save it to the memory card. Once downloaded to your computer you simply copy them across to the memory card by connecting your BB with the USB cable. Instructions in the link below.

Third, all files of any type must be converted to be compatible with the BlackBerry media player. Here is a link directly from RIM which gives you exact instructions on how to do this. Follow these instructions exactly and you will have an enjoyable experience with your BlackBerry and Multimedia files.

How To Convert Audio & Video Files

Cheers

PIN/ID
    241EFA65
    Umm yeah they would all be put on an sd card and bberry plays mp3's without a problem and guessing the other part was you saying there is no way to download them without usb'ing them....~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by rans0m00 View Post
    Umm yeah they would all be put on an sd card and bberry plays mp3's without a problem and guessing the other part was you saying there is no way to download them without usb'ing them....~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    That's correct, they must be transfered to the card via usb. At least at this point in time, in the future they may change that.

PIN/ID
    241EFA65
    Hopefully they do. Not really sure how they work on the actual downloading of anything but I would assume it caches to device memory before it moves it to an sd card which would make any download of any size next to impossible. Maybe with the new generations they will make it possible. Ty ft direct response archer~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

blazen2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2426EC63
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I use media sync on the dm to put my podcast to bb. Ya I wish you could do it over the browser but I think that would take to long.

atleastzero no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2420565A
    I downloaded a few mp3s a long time ago using my Tmo 8320 Curve and the BB Browser. I noticed I couldn't download anything over 5MB, and it did go pretty slow. Somewhere between 15 and 25 minutes per song. After going through that, I have no problem with hooking it up to a computer for my music.
    www.ATLEASTZERO.com -~- my WebComic
    PIN: 2420565A -~- T-Mo 8320 4.5.0.52