I am an 8703e user and have the following challenge. Our company set-up for Outlook ... General Blackberry forum

Ramjet no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    296ACDCA

Enterprise Activation

Advertisement

I am an 8703e user and have the following challenge.

Our company set-up for Outlook email is a Microsoft Exchange Server with Blackberry Enterprise Server.

I am using wireless reconciliation for email and the Desktop Manager version 4.2.2.14 for syncronisation of Outlook (Contacts, Tasks, Memo, and Calendar). The problem that I am experiencing is that I lose the Enterprise Activation connection and can no longer send emails from my Blackberry, nor can I reconcile email. This seems to happen when I connect my Blackberry, with USB cable, to my computer for syncronization of the "other" Outlook components.

Any ideas, this problem is driving me crazy.

Thanks for your help.

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Enterprise Activation

i think every time you sync it to your pc receiving outlook components i think it will always automatically kill your BES connection. I think the blackberry is thinking that your wanting to stop using wireless BES and just use local sync of the PC. Have you tried going into the email options and try turning back on the wireless reconciliation?

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

It's how you have the desktop manager installed. If you install it with the options of not using a microsoft exchange server, you'll kill your connection when you sync with the desktop.
    Last edited by DCookSta; 06-28-2007 at 11:36 AM.

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

thats right thanks for clearing that up dcooksta rep givin

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Yeah I know it's a hassle. We've got a few guys in my office that install the DM after the fact. We run a BES but they set the DM up wrong and then call me saying they don't get new emails until they plug into their machine.

I usually have them uninstall the DM and set it back up for them, but there may be options within the DM to just change how it works as well.

Ramjet no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    296ACDCA

Thanks,

I will re-install the destop software.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Hold on, hold on. You can have wireless sync and install DM with the BES option but the PC you're installing DM on must have direct access to the BES. The connection can be the company LAN, WAN, VPN or even HTTP. What you can't do is have USB and wired sync for calendar, contacts, notes and tasks. These must be one or the other (though you can switch back and forth).

However, if you cant connect to the BES (like at home) then don't install with the BES option or you will break email delivery and wireless sync when you sync via USB. In such cases install with the BIS/Internet option.

When DM is asking you about the BES versus BIS install option it's really asking you about your connection to the BES on that particular PC -- not whether you actually use BES or not.

Also, even if the Enterprise Activation is gone you should be able to find EA under Options->Advanced Options.
    Last edited by takeshi; 06-28-2007 at 05:35 PM.