PROBLEM: I was entering a PIN in AddressBook. The PIN field is automatically treated as ... General Blackberry forum

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F

Lightbulb Entering a PIN

Advertisement

PROBLEM: I was entering a PIN in AddressBook. The PIN field is automatically treated as Numeric; so, for the hex digits A to F one clicks the Alt key to revert to Alphabetic Mode. BUT...this does work for A to E, all of them single-click letters on my 7105t -- not so, however, for F, a double-click letter! I.e. double-clicking does NOT go through in that situation!

SOLUTION: Easy... scroll to an alphabetic field, such as First or Last, where you can enter the F, and then Select it, Copy it and Paste it in the PIN field!

Even so, it's a kludge. Why did RIM do this?!

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Entering a PIN

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i don't know, I never had a problem with it. What phone are you using 7100 8100?

PIN/ID
    244F596F

I have a 7105t. Standard software, as it came; the original Address Book and all.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i would say try to hold the key down and see if a "F" fills your space in which you need it to. Because like I said I never had a problem like that. When is the last time you updated your os. And which carrier are you using?

PIN/ID
    244F596F

Holding down a key produces a capital letter, that's standard behavior. In our case, "D". Normally it takes double-clicking to get an "f", or double-click-and-hold for "F". But neither works in the PIN field.

I'm with T-Mobile.

I am not going to update for the sake of this, I consider the problem solved-- just sharing the solution!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ok. I figured I would give you a better solution since it seems your the only one with the problem. I hope it works out for you

PIN/ID
    244F596F

Quote Originally Posted by jkai2188
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ok. I figured I would give you a better solution since it seems your the only one with the problem. I hope it works out for you
    Thank you; it might indeed be it isn't widespread...but I don't really want to change something that works fine except for one minor inconvenience.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yeah I completely understand your concern with changing the os