Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Originally Posted by pdxmatts I used the voice notes recorder and had my daughter say ... General Blackberry forum

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    I used the voice notes recorder and had my daughter say "Hey Mom, you got a text message" You can make whatever you want.
    That's SO cute.

I've used my friends' BBs to record some ebarassing things and set them as ringtones/SMS notifications before.. but I never thought of doing it for myself.

mizmellyjelly no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    BEST text message notification ever.. "THIS. IS. A text message."

http://www.zedge.net/ringtones/56148...lert-ringtone/
    lol wtf! I thought he was going to yell the word "a text message". Omg I cracked up because it was so not what I expected.
    ..miz melly jelly™..
    Carrier: Rogers
    Device: rooted HTC Inspire 4G
    ROM: Virtuous Unity v1.27.0 with Sense 3

TwitterGoogle+

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    That's SO cute.

I've used my friends' BBs to record some ebarassing things and set them as ringtones/SMS notifications before.. but I never thought of doing it for myself.
    Not so fast, I thought I was so smart. I tried to add the voice note to the text message tone and I can't figure out how to do it. So, I thought maybe I will email it to myself and then save it under ringtones, but it just saved again in the voice note recorder folder. Any ideas how to add the voice note to the text tone?

brettxw no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Alright. So after reading 3 pages of this and only seeing ONE that I liked, I think we need to have a sticky of links where we can download funny ringtones. Sound like a good idea?
    <-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->
    BlackberryOS
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    Blackberry Storm 9530

Blackberry Curve 8520
    Blackberry Curve 8320

Quote Originally Posted by mizmellyjelly View Post
    lol wtf! I thought he was going to yell the word "a text message". Omg I cracked up because it was so not what I expected.
    I know! The first time my friend played that, I was cracking up all over the place. Almost fell over.

Not so fast, I thought I was so smart. I tried to add the voice note to the text message tone and I can't figure out how to do it. So, I thought maybe I will email it to myself and then save it under ringtones, but it just saved again in the voice note recorder folder. Any ideas how to add the voice note to the text tone?
    Well, on the Bold, go into SMS under the profile settings and scroll to the top. Click on Browse, and find the voice recording. I don't know if it works the same on 4.5.

mizmellyjelly no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yup it should. That was how I used voice notes as my text notifications on my old Curve.
    ..miz melly jelly™..
    Carrier: Rogers
    Device: rooted HTC Inspire 4G
    ROM: Virtuous Unity v1.27.0 with Sense 3

TwitterGoogle+

I tried that and couldn't find it. I'll try again. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brettxw View Post
    Alright. So after reading 3 pages of this and only seeing ONE that I liked, I think we need to have a sticky of links where we can download funny ringtones. Sound like a good idea?
    If you go to zedge dot net they have a ton of message tones. Just look under the message tone category, or do a search under ringtones and type in something like mail or text.

If you go to zedge dot net they have a ton of message tones. Just look under the message tone category, or do a search under ringtones and type in something like mail or text.
    ^Yup. There's been a huge influx of Blackberries since the Pearl and Curve became popular.. I used to be able to hear a Blackberry tone go off and KNOW that it was mine. Nowadays, if something goes off, I see 4 or 5 other people pull out their Blackberries. I actually had to get a few friends and family members to sit down and see who was using what tones, so we don't "share" any. Insanity.

So I've set off on a mission to use ONLY 3rd party tones.. I'm getting there! Zedge has been a huge help. They have some hilarious tones, along with some very annoying ones.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    these are awesome, I gotta go get some later!!!!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

lsu4lif3 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Some of these are amazing, the bitch one is by far the greatest one so far
    Never give up...you can always make a difference

audit no está en línea BES Guru
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    I have this alert whenever I get a text message that says "Excuse me boss you have a text message".
    I'd like to get a copy of that tone.
    audit
    -
    Want to be the one of first people to know about RIM outages? Visit http://www.dataoutages.com

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by audit View Post
    I'd like to get a copy of that tone.
    It is posted in post #24.

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4
    I use the voice recorder to make righteous fart sounds and then use them as notifications. Works great and get tons of awkward looks and laughs
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234