When you open an email on the Blackberry, it shows as read in Outlook. When ... General Blackberry forum

Burke no está en línea Stack level 1

Emails marked as read in Outlook but not on BB

Advertisement

When you open an email on the Blackberry, it shows as read in Outlook.

When you open an email in Outlook, it never shows as read on the Blackberry.

This was working until serveral days ago. We are running the BES server with Exchanger Server 2003.

jock no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    250B40B0

Re: Emails marked as read in Outlook but not on BB

Check that you have bi-directional sync enabled on your BES and your BB, I usually set server wins as well

Right click on a user under BES then Edit Properties, select PIM sync then message settings

On the BB select message options then email reconciliation and check the options

Hope this helps

Burke no está en línea Stack level 1

On the BES it is set for bi-directional.

On the BB, email reconciliation is set for Mailbox Wins on "On conflicts" and wireless reconcile is "on"

When I force it to reconcile now, it still doesn't mark the emails on the BB as read that have been read in Outlook. (By the way, this is a desktop that is never turned off and not a laptop).

jock no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    250B40B0

OK… I’m a bit puzzled by why it does not work if all the settings are correct.

Blackberry’s do sometimes get a bit confused so it may be worth resending the service books to the device from the BES and the IT policy. You could also try redoing an enterprise activation to see if this helps

In the meantime I’ll have a think as to what else could cause the problem…