For some reason my eamils in outlook are opening automatically. We have a junk filter ... General Blackberry forum

VROD no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    402623C4

Emails are open in Outlook?

Advertisement

For some reason my eamils in outlook are opening automatically. We have a junk filter at my office that is supposed to put 90% of junk in the folder. I am the only person in the office that uses blackberry and everyones filter works but mine. For example, when I open up outlook when I come in the office in the morning, all my emails from the time I left the evening before until the present are shown as opened and therefore never enter the junk filter for some reason. I get over 100 junk emails a day. When I have outlook opened the filter seems to work fine.
    Since I'm the only blackberry user in the office and everyone elses junk filter works fine, I assume this may have something to do with my blackberry set up.

Any answers???

I have the 7520 and we are running server 2003

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Emails are open in Outlook?

VROD,

Are you on a BES, or are you using to BIS to pull the messages from your server via POP3? If the latter, this is normal and I don't think it can be changed. If the former, your Outlook should reflect the same status as the BB. If you read them on the BB, they will be marked as Read in Outlook.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

VROD no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    402623C4

The messages on my BB are not opened. Everything use to work fine until one day this just started happening. Maybe I changed a setting of some sort by accident.

????????

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

VROD, if you BIS pulls the Messages from the Email server, IE they are delivered to your BB, then they will be marked as Opened on your Server. This is the way that POP3 Email servers work.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles