Did some searching and a lot of posts concerning email signatures came up but none ... General Blackberry forum

disctosser no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

email sig issue

Advertisement

Did some searching and a lot of posts concerning email signatures came up but none for my problem specifically.

I have two email addresses linked to my phone which is BIS. A gmail account which is on IMAP and my work email which is forwarded to a Verizon blackberry account that is retrieved via pop3. For some reason my gmail account signature is uneditable via my phone's email settings function. This is NOT the options in my email but rather the link that takes me to the BlackBerry vzw site to set up email addresses. My BlackBerry account allows me to change the signature but gmail does not.

I would really rather it not let my clients know that I am never in the office. Right now it says sent from my vzw wireless BlackBerry. Is this an imap issue? Admittedly I am have not tried to change it from a desktop as like I said befor I am rarely in the office.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a heap.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Hi, what you need to do is go into the BIS site... It can be via pc or BB.. Once you log in, go into the specific email address you want to change and click edit. There you will find the option to change your signature to say whatever you wish. Let us know if you have any problems. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ask me!
    Thanks Carter. That is essentially what I was doing from my bb. However, for some reason I had to go to the bis site from a desktop to change the signature as it would not let me change the imap account signature from my blackberry but would allow me to change everything else.

Thanks for the speedy reply and the help.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PROCUT08 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I Use Gmail For My Work Email To And It Is Constantly Sends My Outgoing Mail To ,e Also Every Time I Email Someone Either From My Bb Or My Pc And Also How Do I Sign In To The Bis Server If Bot Using Bis For Email

PIN/ID
    ask me!
    Procut, that is a common problem with gmail. You need to go the BIS site (for Verizon it is www.BlackBerry.com/go/vzw. I don't know the others but I assume they are similar) and set up a filter to keep that email from being delivered to your phone.

Do a little searching on here. Like I said it is a common problem and it is addressed in detail on the stacks in multiple threads.

And from what I understand, you are using bis for your gmail if you aren't using the app that google puts out. If you are using googles downloaded app I don't know what to tell you.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~