Okay I have searched this to death and this is a difficult issue to isolate ... General Blackberry forum

matt.voran no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Email Rules (Client/Device Side)

Advertisement

Okay I have searched this to death and this is a difficult issue to isolate so there maybe a thread on this already so please re-direct if you know of one.

I am wanting to have more extensive filtering/rules capabilities on the main inbox on my device (8130). Let me give you a specific example of something I would like to do:

I have my gMail pushing IMAP and I am getting a pop3-like accees to my work email through OWA (not great but it works for what I need). I want to use the main inbox as a central location for all messaging, missed calls, voicemail sms etc. which I am doing right now. The problem is I want to have my work emails filtered so that I get no notification AND they are marked as read as soon as recieved. The exception being for VIP senders, which I have taken care of on the sprint.blackberry.com site with a Level 1 filter. This works great, I just want a way to mark those other Work emails as read when they are recieved!

So for this particular example all I would need is a way to "mark as read" upon reciept. That got me thinking though, that it would be great to have the ability to create any type of rule on the device/client side same as I would in outlook or thunderbird etc.

Does anyone know of a third-party app that can integrate with my inbox (kinda like the Antair Spam filter only more configurable and not based around spam) and provide me this capability and more?

Any tips on ways to manipulate the avaliable settings to do this?

Thanks all, and like I said, I am really skeptical that I would be the first person to want this functionality so if there is a thread that I missed please forgive me, I did search this quite a bit before posting and I like to think my 'google-fu' is strong.

matt.voran no está en línea Stack level 1
    Google: Webmessenger Message Alerts....

Just found this. Appears to be just what I was looking for and more.