Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have no problems reconciling my Yahoo accounts, but gmail doesn't seem to work? Any ... General Blackberry forum

MT
    MT no está en línea Stack level 3

Email Reconciliation with Gmail

Advertisement

I have no problems reconciling my Yahoo accounts, but gmail doesn't seem to work? Any Ideas?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Email Reconciliation with Gmail

At this time you cannot reconcile with Gmail.

MT

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Are there plans to make it work?

Anybody know?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Since the file system is totally different from the traditional file system I dunno if it's at all possible. Although I'm not a programmer so I'm not sure.

Don't think anyone has hear of it anytime soon.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Its mildly annoying, but not a deal breaker. I just go into gmail about once a week, hit "select all" and then mark them all read. Yeah, a minor irritant to do it manually, but there are worse problems in the world I suppose...
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Are there plans to make it work?

Anybody know?
    The joys of Gmail being a beta service. The reason they stay a beta service is as long as the are they do not have to staff support for it. So in my opinion. No. Probably not.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge
    The joys of Gmail being a beta service. The reason they stay a beta service is as long as the are they do not have to staff support for it. So in my opinion. No. Probably not.
    I agree with you, and I'm not bashing Gmail as I use it along with Yahoo. They both have there Pros & Cons, like anything else. However I do know that Yahoo has a bigger commitment to mobile email services, and was very focused on accomplishing two way sync with the BB platform. I really enjoy it. Fast, reliable, and a real time saver. Kudo's to Yahoo for bringing great useablility to BlackBerry owners.

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne

RIM has a knowledge base article on this... its supposed to work, taking anywhere between 90 minutes and 6 hours... but i cant get it to work either. knowledge base article: Doc ID : KB05133
    Last Modified : 2007-10-09

its called: Email reconciliation features for BlackBerry Internet Service 2.x

here is what the site says, "Note: Email reconciliation occurs in real time for integrated Yahoo! email accounts only. For all other integration types (POP/IMAP, Gmail, etc.), there is a delay of between 90 minutes to 6 hours before email reconciliation occurs."

also check out KB13509
    Last edited by jzarowitz; 10-20-2007 at 05:33 PM.
    I'm a born again Androider

data1025 no está en línea Stack level 3

I thought BIS 2.4 was supposed to be instant 2 way sync.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by data1025
    I thought BIS 2.4 was supposed to be instant 2 way sync.
    According to RIM it is.

Improved Mailbox management
    Synchronization of message status
    Full two-way immediate synchronization of message status (read/unread) to source mailbox. For example, if a BlackBerry device user reads an email message from an integrated third-party Inbox, the email message is automatically marked as read on the BlackBerry device as well
    Save Sent items
    A copy of email messages sent from the BlackBerry smartphone is placed in the source Sent Items folder. For example, if you send an email message from the BlackBerry smartphone using a third-party integrated account, a copy of the sent email message is placed in the Sent Items folder of the third-party account.
    Wireless deletion
    Email messages deleted from the BlackBerry smartphone can also be deleted from the mailbox of an integrated email account. When deleting an email message, the BlackBerry smartphone user will be prompted to select whether or not to delete the email message from the original mailbox as well.
    Save Deleted items
    A copy of email messages deleted from the BlackBerry smartphone is placed in the source Deleted Items ( or trash) folder. For example, if you delete an email message from the BlackBerry smartphone using a third-party integrated account, a copy of the deleted email message is placed in the Deleted Items folder of the third-party account. This feature is limited to source-types including IMAP, Microsoft Exchange, and IBM® Lotus® Domino® sources.
    Improved support for enhanced Yahoo!® Mail

Synchronization of message status
    Full two-way immediate synchronization of message status (read/unread) now supported to and from the Yahoo! Mail Inbox. For example, if a BlackBerry device user reads an email message from a Yahoo! Mail Inbox, the email message is automatically marked as read on the BlackBerry device as well.
    Note: Full two-way synchronization of deleted email messages was added with BlackBerry Internet Service 2.2.
    Last edited by Eddie_gauge; 10-21-2007 at 01:44 PM.

MT

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I have a yahoo account but find a huge lag on delivery and to me that is a deal breaker.

Anybody else find a lag or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by MT
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I have a yahoo account but find a huge lag on delivery and to me that is a deal breaker.
    I agree with your comment on a large lag being a deal breaker. It certainly would be for me.

However, luckily I'm finding that my 3 Yahoo accounts are performing very well with great speed. And that, is a huge relief, as I handle a lot of my business mail that way.

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    While this does not help w/ reconciliation, here is a technique for instant gmail delivery to the bb while on a BIS. Establish an email address thru your service provider (eg. xxx@tmo.blackberry.net). Then, in gmail settings, have a copy of each email forwarded to your device-associated BIS email account. Its instantaneous delivery. I often get msgs on my berry before my web browser automatically refreshes (1 minute intervals). Like I said, this will not help with reconciliation at all, but if speed is your deal breaker, I just broke your deal breaker!
    Last edited by jzarowitz; 10-22-2007 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jzarowitz
    Like I said, this will not help with reconciliation at all, but if speed is your deal breaker, I just broke your deal breaker!
    The only thing I have to say is.....Brilliant!

MT

Hey... If anybody else is finding a lag with yahoo... I resent my service books and it's instant delivery! Awesome... Now when I read on the bb they are read on the mailbox..... Looks like I am moving totally to Yahoo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast