I've had a BB for several years, but this is the first time this has ... General Blackberry forum

sugarspicebaby1 no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Email on computer copying to my BB?

Advertisement

I've had a BB for several years, but this is the first time this has happened. I recently had to replace my Pearl 8130 under warranty and since then everytime I send an email from my computer - it also shows up on my BB? Is there a way to shut this off under an option on the BB or do I need to log in to my email account? I have looked at the BB menu and from what I see it is set up as I always have. Generally I only need what emails I receive or send from my BB on it, not copies of those I send directly from computer. Anyone who can point me in the right direction I would really appreciate. Thanks!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Are you using a gmail account with your BB by any chance? Its a know issue that you will have to setup a filter for if i remember correctly

Yeah I am - but like I said this is the first time I ever had it happen, and I've had a BB for years, which is why this kinda surprised and stumped me. Will I need to login to BES or Gmail?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    That would be my thought, too, Hayden.

When you got your new device, did you create a new BIS account or did you simply change the information in your old one?

As Hayden said, it's a known issue that, at least at one point, Gmail accounts required that you set up a filter to prevent sent messages from being sent to your device. Instructions for doing this can be found in the Technical Support Blog link in my signature.

You're on BES?

I just changed the PIN and resent the service books figuring it was the same account just a new device. I'll have to look over that when I'm home later, Thanks Roger.

PIN/ID
    ask

Yes, it should be the same account, new device and therefore any filters you had in place would still be there.

Thanks for the link, Hayden. Here is another one that might be helpful if this is the route you have to take.

PIN/ID
    ask
    thx. Let us know how it goes