I have an 8700c. Phone vibrates for an incoming email. When I pull my phone ... General Blackberry forum

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4

Email notification setting?

Advertisement

I have an 8700c. Phone vibrates for an incoming email. When I pull my phone out of the holster, the email is automatically pulled up on the device. How do I change the setting so this does not happen? I suppose it is a similar setting for an incoming call when it asks to answer or ignore the call.

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

Re: Email notification setting?

I don't think there is a way to change this, but i'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Like with all things, patience is the key "grasshopper". You have to WAIT about 20- 30 seconds to pull your BB out of the holster, so it doesn't automatically open the email.
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I think it's less than 20 seconds. Maybe 10 or even as low as 5 seconds.

But if you're pulling your BB out within nanoseconds of it vibrating, what do you want it to do?

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9

Hey, there's such a range of sounds for mail, texts, calls etc. If you don't want to see it straightaway, don't take the BB out straightaway, its not a phonecall....