Is there a "lag time" between when an email is received by the host server ... General Blackberry forum

carmover no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A059B4

Email Lag Time???

Advertisement

Is there a "lag time" between when an email is received by the host server and when it gets pushed to the BB? I have a @sbcglobal.net(yahoo) email domain and I use BIS. The reason I ask is sometimes it seems like when I get email notification there will be 3 or 4 that come across and it seems unlikely that they were all sent at exactly the same time. I thought I remember talking to a Blackberry tech on the phone about another issue and something like that came up in conversation but can't remember exactly what he had said.

Thanks,
    Keith.

DriftorX no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me!!

Re: Email Lag Time???

I get the same problem time to time. But im not over to concern with it since its not a repeating factor for me. But i do everyonce in a while have that issue. with some accounts. But I really just think its all on the mail servers that it goes through. Shared servers, dedicated. sometimes mail gets lagged from other data going through the servers.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

If you are on BIS, RIM polls your email servers about every 15 minutes and forwards what it finds to your BB. RIM will then repoll in about 2 minutes. If it finds something, that mail will be forwarded and will repoll in about 2 minutes. If nothing is found, it will repoll in 15 minutes and the cycle begins again.

I think Gmail and Yahoo mail arrive much faster, but I don't use them so I can't really speak for that option.

Personally, the 15 minute delay is no problem for me at all.

guyheavensent no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    717cff09

i don't know, but my yahoo and gmail are instantly received by my phone. i can send myself an email from any account to another account on my pc, yahoo messenger etc will alert me there is a new email, within 3 seconds it gets pushed to my phone... i think my phone is on crack and is always wanting more...

carmover no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A059B4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Dubdub

That sounds like what I have going on its no big deal to me I was just wondering because I was reading another thread that kept saying "instantly" and I didn't think mine was "instant"