A friend of mine uses a blackberry for mobile blogging, but the end of the ... General Blackberry forum

ajennings no está en línea Stack level 1

Question eliminating corporate disclaimer signature

Advertisement

A friend of mine uses a blackberry for mobile blogging, but the end of the posts always contain corporate legalese inserted by his company.

I don't know if it's BES or BIS ... but I don't think he has the ability to change the signature (like removing the "sent using my Blackberry handheld").

Is there any code or text he can put at the end of his blog posts so that he doesn't have to go back and delete all that gobbledy-gook from his blog?

I was thinking of something like "endit" but I have tried that and it does not seem to work?

Any ideas?

BBpush099 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2046327c

Re: eliminating corporate disclaimer signature

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the disiclaimer must be on the BES side. He may have to talk to his sys admin and have him remove the signature policy from his device. But if it's a global policy that may pretty hard to do. I'm sure there will much more techinical advice to come.

BBpush099 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2046327c

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ also can he log onto site and post from there instead of sending emails?

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)
    He can also set up a BIS account that doesn't go through the BES so the notice doesn't get appended.

He can definitely post from the site itself, but the mobile blogging is helpful when he's on the move, which is why he likes it.

I have heard that adding a "#" character at the end of the post will eliminate the other added jargon. I will experiment with this and advise of results!

the answer is:

add #end after your message to eliminate the signature from being seen.

hope that helps someone else.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

If he is using his corporate email account to send the mobile blog in he might want to be careful about that. Removing the signature (even for his own personal blog) from the message could be grounds for termination depending on how strict his company's policy is. Personally, I would set up a BIS account to use for my personal stuff.

Zo