Okay. So earlier I had EDGE and was browsing pages. And now I have GSM. ... General Blackberry forum

jake.schires no está en línea Stack level 3

EDGE to GSM

Advertisement

Okay. So earlier I had EDGE and was browsing pages. And now I have GSM. Anyone know why? Are they updating?

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    yeah if you have ATT then they are updating their EDGE network to 3G or faster data but if your phone is not a 3G which most blackberry's are not unless u have a 9000 then u can't use 3g yet. but that's why the outages if its another carrier maybe the service is not availiable at the moment

Well I am with Dobson CellularOne which AT&T bought, so maybe that's the reason. Do you know how long it will be?

PIN/ID
    ask
    Well not sure it depends on your area like here where I live it was about a day or so and then the service came back up. I have tmobile but my girlfriend has ATT and she had trouble getting my text so I called up a friend that works for them and told me they were upgrading their systems so it shouldn't be that long. IF it doesn't come back up check with some one that has the same provider as you and see if they are having the same problem.

Also go to options then Net work and then at the top where is says Data Services make sure its changed to "On" i should of tought of thsi first lol

Okay. Well it came back, and that also solved by Viigo problems. Thanks.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by jake.schires View Post
    Okay. Well it came back, and that also solved by Viigo problems. Thanks.
    your welcome, glad u didn't have to wait long, yeah data will only work when it says GPRS or EDGE in capital letters