i've had my 8700g about 2 weeks now and this is at least the 3rd ... General Blackberry forum

gteague no está en línea Stack level 2

EDGE must be high-maintenance

Advertisement

i've had my 8700g about 2 weeks now and this is at least the 3rd night that EDGE is down. the other two times it was out completely but this time it's only down to edge. still can't get email though.

i'm depending on this thing for a pager. i'm assuming phone calls can still get through, but these outages are unacceptable in a paging receiver and would be unacceptable in a paging service environment. worse, my company will not pay for my service if i miss pages when i'm oncall.

i'm sure most people who can afford to get their email two hours delayed between 0200-0400 will think i'm a whiner. [g]

/guy
    We were somewhere around the Withywindle on the edge of the Old Forest when the drugs began to take hold. ~Hunter S. Tolkien

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: EDGE must be high-maintenance

It's a random issue with T-Mobile. I've gone from GPRS to gprs (and back to GPRS) 4 or 5 times in 3 weeks on 2 units, a 7105t and a 7100t (as a test. My main BB is the 7105t). You're not alone.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Maybe its where u are. I have had my 8700g on Tmo for many months and maybe lost signal once. Deff not a normal thing. Call them up. Maybe there is a tower problem in your area. Check the coverage map too.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Guy, I would definately call your carrier and report the problems. It's either the Tower or it could be your device. They need to take care of what ever it is.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Yeah even with me being 10 steps from a no coverage park, my 8700g is keeping a good signal EDGE all the way no problems! I love this phone!

racinrocker no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    24b4c6de

wow, wish i could say the same thing, I'm lucking i fi get reception when I'm at home. I can related to the other 2 people with this problem.. We just have to deal

shafferds no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23d2a4fe

i know i have cingular and there is one spot when i drive home everyday that will drop me automatically - i have called cingular and they said its most likely just a dead spot uuurrrggg - but thats life and i deal with it. I would call t-mo up and see whats up!!
    DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY

sazodada no está en línea Stack level 2

Cingular the "more bars" network -> LMAO
    I switched from Cingular bcuz of Coverage issues and I work for them (at least 40%). Now with T-Mobile and I get SUPER coverage always on EDGE I have yet to see anything else.

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

Most of the time when those services go out it is actually due to rim maintanance not tmobile. Just an FYI...
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

gteague no está en línea Stack level 2

in spite of living in one of the highest density populations in the nation, i'm cursed when it comes to cellular coverage. it's a good thing i don't use it much.

ironically enough, i worked at sprint when they purchased pcs and i got one of the phones considering the fantastic employee discount they gave us.

and also ironically, there was a deep dead spot right in the vicinity of texas stadium, not two miles from the sprint headquarters near los colinas and about 4 miles from a sprint pcs store.

i'm a ham radio operator and all my radios are useless where i live near the airport. there is so much rf floating around my place is literally saturated in radio waves. filters will not help.

t-mobile has just started tv advertising claiming increased coverage and invited you to go to a web page anc check your coverage, so i checked my home and my workplace in arlington and guess what i found? in both places i have the absolute minimum signal they admit to. my phone cofirms this with approx -100db in signal strength.

/guy
    We were somewhere around the Withywindle on the edge of the Old Forest when the drugs began to take hold. ~Hunter S. Tolkien