Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Yikes, glad to hear you're all okay! Any damage anywhere?... General Blackberry forum

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

Advertisement

Yikes, glad to hear you're all okay!

Any damage anywhere?

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    They said that it was felt as far away as Vegas!! As the place where I grew up I'm of course concerned but I haven't heard of any damage. It was downgraded from 5.8 to 5.4.

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowshots View Post
    Good luck to you all in SoCal
    Thanks.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    Hope all is well, and no one was hurt.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Hope everyone is okay over there? I've experienced hail sleet and snow, fires, hurricanes,tornadoes, "floods" but never have I experienced an earth quake. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4
    They really aid your gratitude and fondness for loved ones haha! Especially when you are in a high rise!
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

eddiehart no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    My whole office building shook and it was like the windows were going to shatter. Ahhh scrary!

mikemunoz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2451368F
    As a native SoCal shaker..........really the quakes are no big deal until they get up in the 6.5 area. A 5.4 really is a minor quake............the Sylmar, Northridge, Whittier and Mohave quakes were all much more damaging and powerful. I suppose if you have never been in a mid 6 quake you would never have the frame of reference that the rest of us do. As usual, slow news day so the media over hypes a minor quake.....

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro
    Looks like ATT and VZW are having problems over there...

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/0...t-and-verizon/
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemunoz View Post
    As a native SoCal shaker..........really the quakes are no big deal until they get up in the 6.5 area. A 5.4 really is a minor quake............the Sylmar, Northridge, Whittier and Mohave quakes were all much more damaging and powerful. I suppose if you have never been in a mid 6 quake you would never have the frame of reference that the rest of us do. As usual, slow news day so the media over hypes a minor quake.....

Northridge and Whittier quakes I remember well...those really had the ground moving

my co-woker who was at lunch at the time of todays quake was in the REDLINE....for those of you that dont know what the REDLINE is....it's a subway that runs under downtown LA.....

She said it was scary and they stopped for 30 mins so that the tunnel rats could check the structure of the subway....now that is scary just knowing you are 45 feet underground and above you are skyscrapper that are swaying from side to side
    Last edited by ice44; 07-29-2008 at 05:51 PM.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Hey I feel ya. I live right on the New Madrid fault line, in NE Arkansas. The last big earthquake here was a long time ago, but it was so powerful it made the Mississippi river run backwards. Experts say we're due one any time. I hope yall are well.

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by I7oobie View Post
    Looks like ATT and VZW are having problems over there...

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/0...t-and-verizon/
    I was in the middle of buying the new Lost Boys movie and a present for my girl's bday... and it starts shaking. No big deal... I was okay with it... so I have the money in my hands and they won't take it, they make me walk out of the store and into the open (was in Best Buy). Was pissed about that... but decided to hop on the phone and call my girl and make sure she's okay... can't get an outside line!

So work is literally across the street (one 5 story building and a 7 story building) and everyone's evacuating!!! I thought that was ridiculous... a 45 second shaker and nothing fell over!

So I have to find my sales team and no one could get a signal. It's an AT&T building. So all these people are trying to get a call out, I'm trying to get a call out... nothing. So I shout out "Is there anyone here who doesn't have AT&T that I can borrow they're phone from?!"

Whats even weirder, my T-Mobile Blackberry (with no voice) is reading AT&T on it, with full bars and upercase EDGE. So I dial my girl's number and I get an outside line!!! But she's on AT&T and I couldn't get through or even to her voicemail. Again, my data only blackberry was roaming on AT&T and allowed me to make outgoing calls. Does this make sense to anyone?
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    Hey I feel ya. I live right on the New Madrid fault line, in NE Arkansas. The last big earthquake here was a long time ago, but it was so powerful it made the Mississippi river run backwards. Experts say we're due one any time. I hope yall are well.
    New Madrid had one, but you probably were not affected:
    http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/...us2008qza6.php

" The Wabash Valley Seismic zone is located to the north of the more seismically active New Madrid seismic zone, where some of the largest earthquakes in North America occurred in the winter of 1811-1812. The April 18 earthquake is located within the Illinois basin-Ozark dome region, which covers parts of Indiana, Kentucky, Illinois, Missouri, and Arkansas and stretches from Indianapolis and St. Louis to Memphis."

Bloodydream no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Hope all are ok...

Have to share with this...
    I'm setting here in front of the TV and reading this thread. All of a sudden Arnold is live announcing the Quake.
    Damn I love my BB.

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    One of my friends in Palm Desert say's he's "Still Shaking"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast