I am thinking of purchasing a Blackberry Pearl and have heard that if your employer ... General Blackberry forum

dboorse no está en línea Stack level 1

E-mail Question

Advertisement

I am thinking of purchasing a Blackberry Pearl and have heard that if your employer does not have a Blackberry Enterprise Server, that you will not be able to get your work e-mail or calendar updates (we use MS Outlook). In this true, and if so, are there any ways around this?

Thanks.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: E-mail Question

Welcome to the Stacks Dboorse. That is true for most corporate employers who have safeguards in place to protect access to their systems. The degree of security varies widely by company. some require you to use a corporate owned BB while others allow you to access their email via POP. I would check with your IT department on how they're set up.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

It's not a hard and fast rule. As ljbyar says, it really depends on how your company has things locked down. Read up on your mail delivery options at BlackberryFAQ.com. You can sync your calendar via USB but wireless sync requires BES.

danbevington no está en línea Stack level 1

You may find it is possible to forward e-mails from your work account to your blackberry.
    I used to do this at work with Lotus Notes. But as the others have said, it depends entirely on how your organisation have setup their systems and what restrictions or policies they have in place.

Dan.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

You can always bribe the guys in the IT department with a big stack of blank DVDs or a new Wii game.
    Yeah, but like was said, if your company has Blackberries and run a BES, see if they'll add you're Blackberry to get your emails, tell them it'll make you more productive or something. If they don't run BES, you can see if you can access either by POP or by setting up a forwarding rule in Outlook or whatever email program you use. Check with your IT dept for the POP server settings and ports, etc to set it up in your BIS account.