Do you have dust under your screen? Can we file a petition or complaint to ... General Blackberry forum

hyedipin no está en línea Stack level 3

Dust Under your screen and complain to RIM

Advertisement

Do you have dust under your screen? Can we file a petition or complaint to BB to improve their products and seal them better to avoid this issue.. How about a recall? RIM is rich enough to settle million dollar suits but cheap enough to avoid sealing the handsets completely?

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...my_8300_a.html
    Last edited by hyedipin; 09-27-2007 at 01:26 AM.
    My BlackBerry mini-blog topic: LINK

JustinHerrera no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Dust Under your screen and complain to RIM

Ummm...no.

andrebsd no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F09FB

Nope.

RIM Might have millions, but a recall because of dust? The rims on my 7 series are almost black now because of brake dust, perhaps bmw should recall the pads because they do that while some other pads don't? The paint on my laptop where my palms rest are starting to fade, perhaps Compaq should recall it because their paint sucks?

No product is perfect, no person is perfect...
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 09-26-2007 at 07:01 PM.
    PIN: 240F09FB - Feel free to msg anytime.

You are comparing brake dust to dust that's uncleanable unless you disassemble the product? How would you like it if the dust began to accumulate under your odometer screen that you couldn't clean?

Never the less, RIM has to realize that they are making their products cheaper and less reliable. I love my Curve, but with so many people complaining about Dust under their screens, even if there wasn't any recall done, they should realize and try to fix it, instead of just doing like apple and holding onto features and releasing models one after another with same design. I am pretty sure 8310 and 20 will have the same issue.

I have used many different phones, from HTC to SonyEricsson, to crappy samsungs, non of them had dust under the screen, not a tiny speck of dust, why, only after 2-3 weeks of usage, BB collects dust right there.

Hey, you got 7 series, you can afford better pads, go get low-dust pads and get drilled rotors.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

I wouldn't think a lawsuit would get very far, but if enough people contact a consumer affairs group about it, there may be enough chance of bad PR for RIM to do something. Problem is, that with a large corporation, decisions like recalls and product changes are slow to occur, if at all. At best, we could always hope for an improvement on the next model.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Yea, a lot of phones have this issue. I remember back when my Sony Ericcson T610 did the exact same thing. As did my Samsung T809. My pearl did it also. It's my pet peeve.

I took the responsibility into my own hands. After keeping it in my pocket for nearly 6 months my trackball started not to function correctly. Also lint slowly crept underneath the lense.

I dismantled the trackball and cleaned that. I also took apart my whole phone to get rid of the lint under the screen. I bought myself a case(the one that you slide your BB into) since I keep it in my pocket. Now after another 6 months no issues with lint or trackball dust bunnies.

So for future refrence get a case if you keep phones in your pocket. It took me 3 phones to learn that. The only way you will get a completely sealed phone is if NASA starts making them so you can bring it into space. Just my 2 cents

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

Smile Re: Dust Under your screen and complain to RIM

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    Yea, a lot of phones have this issue. I remember back when my Sony Ericcson T610 did the exact same thing. As did my Samsung T809. My pearl did it also. It's my pet peeve.

I took the responsibility into my own hands. After keeping it in my pocket for nearly 6 months my trackball started not to function correctly. Also lint slowly crept underneath the lense.

I dismantled the trackball and cleaned that. I also took apart my whole phone to get rid of the lint under the screen. I bought myself a case(the one that you slide your BB into) since I keep it in my pocket. Now after another 6 months no issues with lint or trackball dust bunnies.

So for future refrence get a case if you keep phones in your pocket. It took me 3 phones to learn that. The only way you will get a completely sealed phone is if NASA starts making them so you can bring it into space. Just my 2 cents
    I totally agree with you.
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

So what kind of a case are we talking about here? How about keeping it in ziplock bag.
    Anyway, I checked the "sleeve" type of cases, they totally limit slippage when you are putting the phone into your pocket, and makes it difficult to get it out. Other cases I have seen are hard cases that genreally protects against drops and that sort, and still won't seal. What type of case do you think would protect against darn dust?

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F

I've had my curve for a couple months now.. I have 0 dust under my screen... Im using the seidio hybrid case.... Highly recommended!!