Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sorry if this has been posted before - I just came across this video: http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/play...ance&ch=633473 ... General Blackberry forum

NickAC no está en línea Stack level 3

Dude complaining about trackball failure

Advertisement

Sorry if this has been posted before - I just came across this video:

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/play...ance&ch=633473

The guy is complaining that his 8820 trackball went bad in ~ 6 months, and that his company's IT dept claims bad trackballs within one month! Is this normal?? What are these people doing to their BBs?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    they're keeping them in their lint filled pockets and never cleaning them

I've been keeping mine in my lint filled pocket for almost a year but trackball is still working fine! Go figure...

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I almost had a heart attack when the 87xx was thrown into the box with no remorse.

That general attitude with equipment (often when you don't personally own it), is likely a large part of the failure. I was in my boss's cubicle the other day and while talking to me, he was casually spinning his BB on the desk. Spinning it on its back like a top.

atleastzero no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2420565A
    Quote Originally Posted by NickAC View Post
    That general attitude with equipment (often when you don't personally own it), is likely a large part of the failure. I was in my boss's cubicle the other day and while talking to me, he was casually spinning his BB on the desk. Spinning it on its back like a top.
    I must admit I am guilty of that simple pleasure. I usually spin my 8320 while it's in its leather case. I get mad at my roommate for leaving his lying around without being in its case though. Mine is always holstered unless I'm actively using it.
    www.ATLEASTZERO.com -~- my WebComic
    PIN: 2420565A -~- T-Mo 8320 4.5.0.52

If it's in the case, it doesn't count!

rjs87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Bad trackball is my fear as well since I keep mine in my pocket I'm afraid I'm gonna lean on somthing and mess it up it hasn't happened yet but I'm sure it will

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    I almost had a heart attack when the 87xx was thrown into the box with no remorse.
    Me too!
    It's really not that hard to pop it out and blow some compressed air into it, also not hard to take the trackball completely apart and clean out dust. Also not hard to buy a new one off ebay or cnn. I got the feeling he just wanted something to complain about.

poetic_stud no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215a5bb1
    if you tamper with your trackball it automatically voids your warranty

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    I use alcohol wipes to keep mine clean and keep it in its sedio holster. I will not place it in my pocket.

uncleman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317BC293
    I keep mine in my pocket almost constantly and in 10 months I've had no problems. I replaced it recently simply b/c I got tired of the black ball and wanted a shiny white one again. Replacing it cost $13 including S&H and took about 12 seconds to install.

blazen2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2426EC63
    This guy on the video is dumb. Im sorry but i think he is paid to try to make a bb or all bb inferier to Iphone. I have had the 8320 for a yr and no problems with the trackball. I replaced it about 2 weeks ago cause i broke the bezel while trying to clean it. I kept mine in my pocket with a rubber case all yr with no problems. Bb are the best phones in the world and replacing a trackball will cost less than 12 dollars.
    Blazen2000-bb4life

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by blazen2000 View Post
    This guy on the video is dumb. Im sorry but i think he is paid to try to make a bb or all bb inferier to Iphone. I have had the 8320 for a yr and no problems with the trackball. I replaced it about 2 weeks ago cause i broke the bezel while trying to clean it. I kept mine in my pocket with a rubber case all yr with no problems. Bb are the best phones in the world and replacing a trackball will cost less than 12 dollars.
    Agreed Blazen, he's obviously intelligent enough to get on his PC and google for some answers, but he can make a video bashing RIM. It's just a great example of ignorance.

thymaster no está en línea Stack level 3
    This guys is a fag. If he did his research right he would have found thousands of threads and videos out there on how to clean the trackball.

The IT guy is a dumb wit, most of the BB in the box are the old models that have the old track wheels and probably ready to be recycled.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast