Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone know of a dual sim card holder that allows 2 sims to work simultaneously? ... General Blackberry forum

salvatoretri no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2457af8e

dual sim card adapter

Advertisement

Anyone know of a dual sim card holder that allows 2 sims to work simultaneously?

I have 2 berries, thinking of moving to 1...any help would be appreciated...thank you!!

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    If you do a search you'll find an adapter to hold two SIM Cards, but I think the BB can only use one at a time. If anyone knows different, they'll reply to this post.

kolosus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    315677A8
    I read that you can switch between the two SIMs but you have to reboot.

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    I know with the new tmobile routers, you can have a sim with a number (house phone, cell or voip #) and another in you cell, but that really limits you to your house.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

WuTangPearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have seen Chinese cellphone thats have 2 sim card slots so you can run two different accounts, but definatly not a BB
    iPhone clones specifically

CybaCowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    Here's some useless (geek) pub (bar) trivia for you: Most GSM and WCDMA phones support actually support TWO telephone numbers on the ONE SIM/USIM!

For unknown reasons, very few global service providers have ever made use of this feature though...

~via my BlackBerry Curve 8300 (wap.pinstack.com)~

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    i would think it would be possible. even though verizon doesnt use sims, i had a phone that had 2 numbers programmed on it and at any given time i could switch between the numbers on the phone.

_skitzo_ no está en línea Stack level 2
    It is, the phone must be unlocked. I use this on my 8100 pearl. works great.
    http://www.sundasim.com/images/non-cutting-2.jpg
    (picture to represent the product)
    You can find it on ebay for cheap, I paid 5 bucks for mine plus shipping.

salvatoretri no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2457af8e
    will this allow me to use both numbers at the same time or only allow me one at a time??

thank you for the responses..

Meh! no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me...
    Quote Originally Posted by _skitzo_ View Post
    It is, the phone must be unlocked. I use this on my 8100 pearl. works great.
    http://www.sundasim.com/images/non-cutting-2.jpg
    (picture to represent the product)
    You can find it on ebay for cheap, I paid 5 bucks for mine plus shipping.
    More info? Specifically which one of the adapters exactly are you using from them? You can or cannot keep both numbers active at the same time? What does the process of switching from one sim to the other consist of?

Thanks

Meh!

priliu no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203dbe85
    I have seen a machine that can make 12 numbers in one sim card, sold in Chinese taiwan

_skitzo_ no está en línea Stack level 2
    It allows you to swap sims with out having to change them out of the phone.
    You will have a SIM option on the phone that allows you to select whatever sim you wish to make active. Here is a link of the one I use.
    You can not keep both active at the same time, but you can have an auto swap option to cycle between cards every five mins up to an hour.
    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by _skitzo_; 04-10-2008 at 03:32 PM.

PIN/ID
    PM me...
    Does anyone have a clue if TMO would let me sign up for another account through them that would be data only. Because right now I have SmartAccess and cannot get data added to my plan with that. However if I could get a data only account via flexpay perhaps would I be able to switch between sims to surf web, and make calls? Does anyone understand what the heck I am talking about..LOL

Thanks

Blaines

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    Quote Originally Posted by Meh! View Post
    Does anyone have a clue if TMO would let me sign up for another account through them that would be data only. Because right now I have SmartAccess and cannot get data added to my plan with that. However if I could get a data only account via flexpay perhaps would I be able to switch between sims to surf web, and make calls? Does anyone understand what the heck I am talking about..LOL

Thanks

Blaines
    I understand what you are saying. I don't know if you can just get a data plan on flexpay. When i go to work i will ask and see if you can just get data on a flexpay acct. I have never come across that. Will keep you updated.

PIN/ID
    PM me...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack173 View Post
    I understand what you are saying. I don't know if you can just get a data plan on flexpay. When i go to work i will ask and see if you can just get data on a flexpay acct. I have never come across that. Will keep you updated.
    Thanks for the quick reply, and please keep me posted. I guess if I can't get a flex acct with data only I will just have to wait the 5 or so months I think it is until I can covert to a postpaid account off of smart access. Smart access sucks btw. I still never know to this day why they wont give a data plan with SA but will let you get data plan with SA with the 300 anytime minute plan..Yay smart idea...lets get data and NO minutes..That will keep my bill under control like SA is supposed to!

Thanks and please let me know!

Meh!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast