Results 1 to 6 of 6

Ok, my sisters first blackberry (8100) took a half full cup of coffe in, needless ... General Blackberry forum

  1. #1
    cabron's Avatar
    cabron no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    2466A9E4
    Posts
    229

    Drown battery?

    Advertisement



    Ok, my sisters first blackberry (8100) took a half full cup of coffe in, needless to say I urged her to remove the battery and dry it, (Spoke on the phone as we live 100 miles away), 2 days later and after a couple sessions of hair dryer heat, she installed the battery but no luck, however she claimed the red LED lights and also she thinks she saw a small handset icon with an "X" on the screen, i asked her to wait mone more day and tried again with no luck, this time i asked her to plug it to the wall charger without a battery and she says the screen shows a "no battery" icon (forgot what it looked like but it meant no battery ).
    I am wondering if replacing the battery could do, however I don know anyone in the area with a pearl, (I have an 8310).
    Also, I have no idea what elso to try to dry it with since the liquid is coffe and probably there is some sugar and milk included..........
    thanks in advance for any answers.

  2. #2
    thechadj's Avatar
    thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    690
    i am afraid to say so but...
    the chances of the battery being the effected part is quite unlikely. If the device was indeed drowned by the coffee and it is now not responding there is a good chance that the internal electronics of the berry are in big trouble.

    the battery is a sealed unit and and the rest of the "brain" of the device are left susceptible to liquid damage. Sugar cream and coffee a really bad combination.

    sorry i couldn't share better news.
    good luck
    regards
    cHAd
    P I N S T A C K E R F O R L I F E!

  3. #3
    dallas1125's Avatar
    dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    Posts
    1,610
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Try rubbing alchohol. Because it dries fast it might help clean out the BB. But, other than that, I don't know. Hope that helps.

  4. #4
    lexo's Avatar
    lexo no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    259

    Lightbulb

    tell her to dissasemble it and clean every crevice in there with q-tips dipped in alcohol and maybe that will do the trick-but if she's through with it i'll gladly take it off her hands, i love trying to fix things!

  5. #5
    cabron's Avatar
    cabron no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    2466A9E4
    Posts
    229
    Thanks for the suggestions guys, i got a hold of the phone, cleaned with with alcohol, dryed it and nothing, the pearl is gone....

  6. #6
    lovekadance's Avatar
    lovekadance no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    49
    Sorry to hear about your loss!
    & In the end the love you take is equal to the love you make.
    lovekadance@gmail.com

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •