View Poll Results: How many times have you dropped your BB?

Voters
196. Register free to vote on this poll
  • 0 times (Knock on wood)

44 22.45%
  • 1x - 2x

51 26.02%
  • 2x - 3x

32 16.33%
  • 4x - 5x

17 8.67%
  • 6x or more

52 26.53%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Most of you seem to have dropped your BB's when a holster of some description ... General Blackberry forum

irpnet no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    202E5501

Re: Dropped Blackberry

Advertisement

Most of you seem to have dropped your BB's when a holster of some description was involved.
    My 7100v resides in my pocket when I'm out. Short of me taking an unpredicted swim, it should be okay.

So, the motto of the story - don't use anything than the best holster / glove or a pocket!

And no, I haven't dropped mine yet!
    Working night shifts is the exact opposite of working day shifts. Only, I go home to have breakfast then sleep!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

My holster kept me from dropping mine cause mine slips out my hand with nothing on it. But the phone got dirty from the case and from other dust, etc. I solved the problem, after getting rid of the case, buy using egrips. I think I need to order more lol

taeisme no está en línea Stack level 4

I have egrips and I think that they are great! I was thinking about doing a review on them but I think that someone has already.

spikus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317a9127

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~you know...I have gone a month without dropping my bb....intil the other night I go out and drink more than I should, bam I drop it...only has a little nik in it...what sad is I know I dropped it but not exactly sure how...that night is a bit of a blur.

finchbb Guest

Sadly not the 8700 series of devices. RIM cheap'd out real good on those, a 3ft drop could cause havok, commonly a cracked display. Unlike the 62xx, 72xx, 75xx and 77xx for that matter which seems to be real toughberrys. Short of stepping on them they would take whatever you could throw at them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gina
    Blackberries can take a bangging!

Quote Originally Posted by taeisme
    I have egrips and I think that they are great! I was thinking about doing a review on them but I think that someone has already.
    I will if it hasn't been done yet. I think I've taken over the Review Forum LOL

Hasn't been done yet LOL

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~I think ill try the egrips everyone keeps talking about.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

My 8700 has taken some dives and been roughed up a few times at least and she is still ticking fine. No sign of damage inside or out. Heck it has fallen a few feet onto hard tile floors at least once. Seems to have the same durability as my 7100.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Welp, my newly purchased 8700c became friends with some rough concrete. That was the longest 2 seconds of that day of my life. It was like slo-mo. Funny thing was, I just had seen some info about egrips. So, now I've got some pretty deep scratches on the top around the power and speaker buttons...

BBjuan no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20369BCF

Quote Originally Posted by JPSKILLZ
    Everyone has this story I'm sure. I was checkin my agenda as usual, while driving, hahaha, and I get to my destination. I need to back into a parking spot so need both hands to do so. I do the number one don't for NE phone! Hahahaha, I place the phone in my lap. Obviously I forget that I placed in my lap not my holder, and I leap out of my vehicle only to get a step away and hear the most blood curdling, heart wrenching, bone chillin, sound I could ever hear . . . . yes . . . (crying) it was my Blueberry, as I like to call it, high fiving the pavement!!!! I didn't even turn around, I jus froze, my friend was with me and we jus stood there staring at eachother, hahahaha! I finally turned around and picked my baby up. She was cryin, but, she was ok. Hahaha.
    It is exactly for this reason that I bought the sport's holster for my 7105. I use to love that case but I lost it at a cell phone store waiting for the guy to comeback with a BlueTooth headset for my girl's magenta RAZR. Luckily my BB wasn't in it at the time. Still debating whether I should spend the $38 (19 for the case and 19 for shipping and taxes) for a new one.

Need to officially add myself to this list although my 'Berry is fine. Two nights ago, my 7105t vibrated (thanks to the 4.1 OS upgrade which strengthens the vibrating alert), fell out of my bed before I could catch it, hit the wall and landed SMACK on the (WOOD!) floor, face up without a scratch. Thank Heavens for egrips and a screen protector which softened the blow and prevented the scratch.

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

I drop it often but so far it's been in my living room and thank God for carpeting!

TMTT no está en línea Stack level 1

Funny thing is mine not only took a dumper (Litterally) it bounced off a steel 1/4 inch plate shelf and spiraled down 4 feet before hitting a table saw then eventually the cold wet concrete floor below this A.M Yeah it has battle scars now but what I am REALLY thankful for is my screen protector. It took the brunt and the screen is mint .. not a mark anywhere. (Can't say the same for the right hand upper corner tho :cry: