View Poll Results: How many times have you dropped your BB?

Voters
196. Register free to vote on this poll
  • 0 times (Knock on wood)

44 22.45%
  • 1x - 2x

51 26.02%
  • 2x - 3x

32 16.33%
  • 4x - 5x

17 8.67%
  • 6x or more

52 26.53%
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

How many times have you dropped your blackberry? I have dropped a couple times already. ... General Blackberry forum

vyperz no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    240F667B

Dropped Blackberry

Advertisement

How many times have you dropped your blackberry?

I have dropped a couple times already. The best drop was during my bball game. Just two months ago during my basketball game, I totally forgot that my BB was in my holster clipped to my shorts. As I was playing, I jumped and my blackberry popped out of the holster. SMACK!~ Landed on the gym floor. Picked it up and it was still working.

I had two users at work who was totally embarrassed to tell me that they've dropped their blackberry in the toilet. No wonder it's also called crackberries.

Don't be shy, tell us about your stories.
    vipz o';'o

Pinstack.com ~ where Blackberry Professionals Connect!
    Get your Pinstack Gear here!~

tweber78 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    214b43dc
    BBing down stairs and just as i hit the lazt step my fingers decided all on there own to throw a revolt. they coughed up my bb and aqay it went. the old hacky sack player in me did his best to catch the flyinf bb with his foot , but alas, SMACK on the tile floor. Still working!!!!!!!!!!
    ~Tweber78~
    akatweber78@pinstack.com
    Pinstack.com – where Blackberry Professionals Connect!

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6
    I've dropped it a few times on carpet. I can't imagine dropping it on concrete or in water. My gf dropped hers at work once and got a cracked LCD. Since we did the replaced the LCD, she has been super cautious. She hated using a regular phone. (Black Razr)

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF
    Missed the holster in the garage while putting some things in the rafters. Six ft. ladder, plus 3 ft to the hip, I'd say it survived a 9 ft. drop on concrete, slid about 10 ft onto the driveway and beeped to notfy me of an e-mail.

Gina no está en línea Stack level 4
    Blackberries can take a bangging!

eternitybc no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    I've dropped in on carpet, lino, concrete, etc- luckily nothing bad's happened I also knock it around awhile- I wear it on my hip like a pager, and its constantly hitting walls. There are several white streaks from wall paint on it- 7250 model by the way. It's pretty sturdy.

Also, it's a work BB, so I guess I don't care too much either way

pop357 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3080451c
    i have dropped my blackberry mannnnnnyyyyyy times lol and i have had 9 replacements already.. thank the lawd for signal insurance lol but these blackberries are not durable at all.. they break or get scratched too easily for me.. i have never cracked or broken my screen ( knock on wood) i dont even get it dirty or scratched.. i still keep the plastic on it from out the box lol.. i once had some one accidently kick it off my holster while riding my motorcycle and a truck ran over it.. damaged it beyong repai, but the sim was still good so i took it out and put it in an old bb unit until my replacement came lol.. im bad with these blackberries but i love them lol
    **It Iz' What It Iz' **
    www.pop357.ning.com
    Check out my beatz
    PIN me with you comments (good or bad)

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Wow you should think about putting your BB in a Kevlar case or something man.

rjharary no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2038fe53

Re: Dropped Blackberry

I am yet to drop this one, but my last 7100g was dropped down a flight of cement stairs then slid on the ice to the street, where i picked it up and continued talking....I was Shocked!

gabe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2022D44B

I just got my 7290 on Tuesday and haven't dropped it yet. I'm sure I will now that I posted this
    PIN: 2022D44B
    Cingular BB 7290
    my free blog hosting

JudyH no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    300CD307

Well.....not exactly dropped, but I just dumped a 44oz glass of ice tea into my purse and I'm currently letting it dry out. I had a skin on it which helped some, but I know water got inside. I took the battery out and held the BB in front of my car's heater vent to help the drying process.

We'll see if it works and for how long.

Geez, I feel like an idiot!

Judy:cry:

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by dasupaman23
    Wow you should think about putting your BB in a Kevlar case or something man.
    Or a metal one....

I've seriously though about this one.

jlinca no está en línea Stack level 1

I was climbing a ships ladder at work and at that point about 8 feed off the ground when a cage wraps around the back of you, my blackberry caught the cage and dropped onto concrete. Made a big mess as the battery cover and battery went flying. Re-assembled and away it went.

Pep_W no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23CB3824
    I had my 7100t for about a year. I dropped it so much it was almost normal. One day I was at the gas station and I placed it on top of my car to pump the gas. Yes, I drove away. I realized 2 min later what I had done. I looked on my roof and then I sped back to the gas station. There it was on the ground. It looked normal but as I got closer I could see it had been run over. I was really bummed out. I picked it up and it was cracked and totally scratched. Surprisingly the phone worked. Only through my Bluetooth. The speaker was busted. I have to say that the 7100t is a pretty strong BB. I bought the new 7105 and I am a little more careful now. I still have the old one to remind me to take better care of my BB.
    Last edited by Pep_W; 01-04-2006 at 02:44 AM.

JPSKILLZ no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    26273ecc

Everyone has this story I'm sure. I was checkin my agenda as usual, while driving, hahaha, and I get to my destination. I need to back into a parking spot so need both hands to do so. I do the number one don't for NE phone! Hahahaha, I place the phone in my lap. Obviously I forget that I placed in my lap not my holder, and I leap out of my vehicle only to get a step away and hear the most blood curdling, heart wrenching, bone chillin, sound I could ever hear . . . . yes . . . (crying) it was my Blueberry, as I like to call it, high fiving the pavement!!!! I didn't even turn around, I jus froze, my friend was with me and we jus stood there staring at eachother, hahahaha! I finally turned around and picked my baby up. She was cryin, but, she was ok. Hahaha.

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast