Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Looking for the same answer I have been searching the web, and I've found not ... General Blackberry forum

alewind no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Looking for the same answer I have been searching the web, and I've found not a perfect solution but it works for me.

I need further tests, when done I will post again.

I use xplayer from www.shapeservices.com All sound from the device can be output through bluetooth, using settings configuration of the program. It is a free software.

Sorry for my english, I am spanish and maybe my english is not the best. And it is my first post. Maybe I need to go to presentation post but I prefer to share this information first. I found you in my googleinvestigations.

PD Go Gasol for the NBA ring...

Thank you for your good forum.

tbonanno no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hi Alewind,

Your english is good. I downloaded xplayer and selected bluetooth for output in settings, but still unable to get Sprint Navigation to output any audio to my
    Bluetooth. Can you give more detail on the settings you used.

I'm using an 8830.

Thanks,

Tony
    Tony Bonanno Photography, LLC
    Santa Fe, New Mexico USA

I am going to do the test in an hour.
    In order to put the sound with xplayer you have to make it work. Start any mp3 and be sure the sound of this mp3 or wma or what you have can be listened through bluetooth. Then the sound from your navigation software should go through bt too.
    If volume control is independent between both softwares (xplayer and yours) then you can low xplayer. If not, get mp3 recorded in low volume and put it in repeat mode.
    Hope this work.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by alewind; 05-28-2008 at 08:33 AM.

Keep up posted on what you find out. It would really be helpful it I could get the Navigation output through the Bluetooth, but so far I haven't found a way. I can get the music just fine, but not the Navigation.
    Santa Fe, New Mexico USA

I have maken half an hour testing during my route home-work-home today.
    It is funny that we use many times navigation sofware when driving to usual destinations, and it is not necessary that help. My case today.

- Equipment
    Vehicle: Motorbike Honda
    Device: Blackberry 8300 curve
    Ram mount and otherbox case to hold the phone
    External bluetooth GPS connected to BlackBerry
    Midland BTIntercom Bluetooth headset (mounted in my helmet)
    - Software
    Nav4all: in order to recive route indications. Navigator software.
    xplayer in order to put out the sound through bluetooth

How to operate:

Motorbike on (boot?) , helmet on.
    Switch BlackBerry Bluetooth on.
    Switch Midland on. Connection is automatic.
    Switch external BTGPS on

Run nav4all, introduce destination. Put it in background mode.
    Run xplayer with a mp3 in repeat mode and very low volume.

I have no interest on the blackberry screen, but road situation. Nav symbol indications nor. Only that voice telling me 'attention, four hundred meters at the end of the street, turn left...' you know.

Why I have active xplayer aplication?

If I want to make a call (using voice calling functions) or receive an incominng one, I only have to push a buttom on the helmet. Then the only sound I can hear is that from the call.

When it ends, the problem is that xplayer is paused and all the sound stop its route through bluettoth. Then I push space key (big key ) from my BB twice and all works again.

Maybe it sound dangerous to do all this things. Not at all. All I do is push two buttoms, one on the helmet, the other on the blackberry just next to motorbike panel control. A similar operation like put long lights on, or the intermitent light.

Maybe this only work with some navigator software. With mine it works. And nav4all is free. You have to pay only data transfered.

Hope this help,

Good night from the sunny Spain. (Not today: raining)

I don't think it works on 8830 for whatever reason. Also, I want to keep it simple. Thanks for all your effort though.
    Santa Fe, New Mexico USA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12