I'm a Nokia convert and though I LOVE my new BB 8310, there are some ... General Blackberry forum

E3BK no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    JUST ASK

DreamBerry

Advertisement

I'm a Nokia convert and though I LOVE my new BB 8310, there are some things I miss about Nokia phones. If I cold bring those two worlds together, here's what it would look like.

8310 form & color (love my Crimson)
    quad band
    wi-fi
    3G (US & international)
    GPS
    expandable memory to 6GB via micro SDHC & larger device memory
    able to save apps, messages, etc to device or SD memory
    dual camera (for video conf), video & flash w/ 5X zoom
    audio recorder w/ ability to email or SMS
    can send address book business cards via, BT, SMS or email (.vcf format)
    native sync to Macs!
    threaded SMS (like JiveTalk) and threaded messages
    or...different color tags for each account.
    can ring & vibrate at the same time!
    BIS that can connect to OWA address book as well
    Scheduling (sometimes, I don't need the email to come to the BB if I"m already at work. I hate having to double erase messages.)
    Today mode actually shows what's going on today (calendar, list of last 5 msgs and/or sms, to do list)
    Better voice quality & signal (still can't beat my Nokia)
    Ignore w/ SMS or at least just send to VM

Maybe there will be a BB Slider style phone. It would make the phone more compact but still giving it full QWERTY. Ooohhhh.
    Last edited by E3BK; 11-10-2007 at 08:36 PM.

inc188 no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: DreamBerry

welcome...

there are alots of knowlegeable people here and they might be able to have some of your issues resolved...

capslow no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~instead of starting a new post,I would just ask my question here. I have the BB 8310,might I just say its absolutely wonderful phone, but I think it suffers from poor battery life,useually lasting just a tick longer than a day. I do a lot with it, RSS, video, mp3, surfing the net,camera,calls,a lot of emailing, chat with google talk,lot of sms messaging and one or two more things. Is this normal or is this due to it being quite new or due to the fact that I use it a lot? An other suggestions?
    Last edited by capslow; 01-27-2008 at 05:23 PM.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by capslow View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~instead of starting a new post,I would just ask my question here. I have the BB 8310, from Vodacom Vodafone SA,might I just say its absolutely wonderful phone, but I think it suffers from poor battery life,useually lasting just a tick longer than a day. I do a lot with it, RSS, video, mp3, surfing the net,camera,calls,a lot of emailing, chat with google talk,lot of sms messaging and one or two more things. Is this normal or is this due to it being quite new or due to the fact that I use it a lot? An other suggestions?
    Poor battery life on a BlackBerry is a seldom seen complaint. It usually means either a worn out battery (unlikely in your case), or an app that's misbehaving - most likely in your case.

Chat will drain the device quickly since it changes the behavior of the device drastically - forcing the device to maintain the radio in an "always on" state.

Suggestions to lower overall power consumption - turn off BlueTooth unless you need it, and remove PTT. You can also remove BlackBerry Messenger if you don't want PIN to PIN IM.

Also, see what's running on a full reboot (remove and replace battery). You'll see what's running by holding down the [Alt] and [Esc] keys. By default, you should have Phone, BlackBerry Messenger, Home, Browser, Email, and PTT. If you have other apps running after a hard reset, they're most likely the culprit. You should be able to use your BlackBerry heavily all day and still have 20-25% battery at the end of the day.

Incidentally, GPS will not drain the battery unless you're using it.
    JerryD

benritmeyer no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ive got to say I do like the Today screen on the E series.
    Also the native sync to macs would be amazing. Has anyone thought of starting a petition to get Native Sync for Macs, there must be enough people out there!

bjenkins17 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2427d4b4
    You can also set your device manager to not allow emails to your BB when docked at your work computer. This will save the dup email problem.

PIN/ID
    JUST ASK

I don't dock to my work computer since I'm not using BES, just BIS through OWA. It would be great if the scheduler was on the device itself. Or if it allowed to turn off/on retrievals at will.

I know all these features exist in various devices but to have it all in one would be so awesome.

PIN/ID
    JUST ASK

I think they tried. There's a forum dedicated to Macs. Someday...Mac users will rule the world. Or the iPhone will become less eliteist. And I say that with all the mac love in my heart. C'mon...no 3rd party apps? My iPhone friends have actually become jealous of my BB.

barbiesanorexic no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~haha its so annoying that the BB can't vibe and ring

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Lol yeah never did get the vibe ring issue. You would think a phone as advanced as our BB's would be able to do something so simple. Even the throw away pay as you go whobra can do that! Lol

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3

i find it really stupid that when you want to zoom in on an attachment such as a jpeg or pdf, you have to click enhance, and wait for it to send/receive data so you can see it properly

streetking910 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    241875a5

I want my BB to move super fast like high speed internet sometimes it stops to load gets very annoying.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~