Hey all! I know that this may seem a bit simple to a lot of ... General Blackberry forum

ong-gia no está en línea Stack level 2

Question downloading podcasts for simps

Advertisement

Hey all! I know that this may seem a bit simple to a lot of you guys, but what I would like to request is a step by step tutorial on downloading podcasts and getting them to my media card so they will play for me. I looked many places but didn't find this information, so if it is already here and you can point me to it, that would be really cool. Keep in mind I need the whole deal though, complete newb style.

I searched and searched, tried different things, dragged and dropped, transfered all kinds of files and after thinking I had it figured out found that I have a bunch of podcasts that are listed but will not play on my music player.

This is also the first time I am trying to load any sort of podcasts onto any mp3 player, up until now I've only loaded purchased music. So, I need to understand right from jump--what program do I need to download on my puter to start with, what steps I take to then download the various podcasts to my computer, how I then go about transferring those from my computer to my BB.

I downloaded iTunes and it seems to have more options that end up taking me to the damn store than anything, and plenty of support for ipods but none for other devices.

The simplest way to do this with the least steps or options would be greatly appreciated. For example, if somebody could go through each step in getting a cartalk podcast from the npr site as if they it was the first time they did it on a new computer and BB. That person would be my new hero.

Thanks in advance!

Eli

Cricketshay no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2404019F
    #1 iTunes is great for downloading podcasts. Bring up the store and search for the cast your looking for. Cartalk should be free to download.

Or

At NPR, right-click the cast you want and save as.

#2 Once the desired podcast is downloaded to your PC, you can transfer it to your BB using the desktop manager. Connect your BB to the PC via USB cable before opening the desktop manager. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE MASS STORAGE SUPPORT TURNED ON. (you do this at options-advanced options-media card)

#3 Click the media manager icon on the desktop manager and it should bring up a transfer box.

#4 Locate the file you want to transfer. (if you used iTunes, go to my music open the iTunes folder then open iTunes music)

#5 On the BB side of the media manager open the media card and then the folder you want the podcast saved in. (music)

#6 After highlighting the file you want, click the appropriate arrow and your file should begin transfering to your BB.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions feel free to message me.

Re: downloading podcasts for simps

Thank you cricketshay! I tried it just now and it gave me a choice to convert for optimum playback that I didn't get before. I hope it works, I'll check in after work today. You are my hero!

Eli

::UPDATE::

Hmm...I got the same results again. I can see the file and open it on my BB, it shows up with the proper label and graphic and everything--then it just doesn't play. It stays at 0:00. I'm wondering, as a complete newb mind you, if I have my settings right on iTunes and I am getting it in a mp3 format? Or maybe there is something else I should check?

You are still my hero, cricketshay!

Eli
    Last edited by ong-gia; 01-14-2008 at 10:53 AM.

Re: downloading podcasts for simps

Well, I got it to work. It seems the problem was in my DM--probably messed it up durring ine of my OS updates. I used the windows media manager to transfer instead of roxio and it is up and running. Thanks again Cricketshay for your good instructions and being kind to the technologically challenged!!