Hi everbody! I am getting a replacement bb because my paint is peeling at the ... General Blackberry forum

Female_MC no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2C570

Downgrading From OS 4.5.52

Advertisement

Hi everbody!
    I am getting a replacement bb because my paint is peeling at the top, where my mute button is.

So its being covered under the manufactures warranty, and that means I have to downgrade my OS back to 4.2!

Can you all give me some instructions that way I can do it before my new bb device arrives?

When I get my replacement I will upgrade again.

I have the OS Orange 4.5.052 OS on it currently, so I need to downgrade back to 4.2 the stock version.

I have a BB Curve with T-Mobile.

Thanks in Advance.

- Female _MC
    "People always say, your always on that Blackberry"...
    Like Tees? Check Out: Punkk Society Clothing
    www.punkksociety.bigcartel.com

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    Two ways to do it

1. Wipe the phone with JL CMMNDR and reinstall the 4.2 OS....

2. Delete 4.5 from your PC and the install 4.2, delete the vendor file and attach your BB and away your go with the downgrade.

I have done it both ways and they both work!

Good Luck

JL CMMNDER Link
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...d=5&linkid=452

JL CMMNDR Walk through
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...39#comment1439
    “There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.”
    ----Woody Hayes

nabeleda no está en línea Stack level 1
    dude..your step 2 isnt as easy at it seems.. I'VE TRIED EVVVVERYTHING trying to downgrade this OS from 4.5 to 4.2 (4.5 is tooo buggy)..but anyways yeah. i'm running out of options. the jl_cmmnder thing wont install on my computer. and i dont wanna have to wipe out my bb.

Quote Originally Posted by nabeleda View Post
    dude..your step 2 isnt as easy at it seems.. I'VE TRIED EVVVVERYTHING trying to downgrade this OS from 4.5 to 4.2 (4.5 is tooo buggy)..but anyways yeah. i'm running out of options. the jl_cmmnder thing wont install on my computer. and i dont wanna have to wipe out my bb.
    It's easy. Just did it on an 8700. The steps are: 1.)If you have Desktop Manager 4.5 on your computer, go to your control panel (in My Computer), open "Add or Remove Programs", and uninstall. 2.) Find, download and install DM 4.3. Copies of it are everywhere. 3.) Find, download and install your desired OS, the one you want to switch back to. Versions of 4.2 are e v e r y w h e r e! I used an AT&T 4.2. 4.) Find and delete "vendor.xml". Easiest simply to find it with the Search choice on your start menu, but if you want to navigate to it: My Computer>C:/>Program Files>Common Files>Research in Motion>Apploader. 5.) Attach your 4.5 Berry to the 4.3 Desktop Manager as usual. 6.) Choose "Application Loader". 7.) Desktop Manager will politely inform you that the OS on your device is newer than the OS on the computer, and give you the choice to keep the current one or downgrade to the older one. The rest is time-consuming (as DM swaps OSs) but simple.