I have a 7250 running 4.1 and I need to downgrade it to 4.0. Where ... General Blackberry forum

swaldow no está en línea Stack level 1

Downgrade from 4.1 to 4.0

Advertisement

I have a 7250 running 4.1 and I need to downgrade it to 4.0. Where can I download 4.0 and are there any instructions available to walk me thru the downgrade?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Downgrade from 4.1 to 4.0

I actually am not sure if there are instructions on how to downgrade your OS, but here it is for you...

Download the operating system that you are wanting to load into your device.

Then delete the old operating system from your computer by going to Control Panel; Add/Remove Programs.

Now install the operating system you are wanting to load into your computer. If you are using the OS from a different provider other than your own, make sure that you do a search and delete the vendor.xml file.

Now plug your Blackberry into your Desktop Manager and click "Application Loader".

When you do this, there will be an option asking if you want to downgrade Operating Systems or stay with your current.

Click that you want to downgrade and it will begin the process and install the 4.0 into your system.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask...

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

By the way, as for a list, the best I can do is give this link right off the top of my head without searching...It gives the links to their download sites at RIM:

http://dynoplex.com/rimos.shtml

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

And one more thing:

As always, make sure that you backup your information on your device BEFORE you try and do a downgrade or upgrade.

And neither myself or pinstack will be responsible if you damage your device, although we will get it back up and running for you...