My brother took his wife on a cruise this last week. They wanted to spend ... General Blackberry forum

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Don't Try This at Home!.....Or Anywhere Else!

Advertisement

My brother took his wife on a cruise this last week. They wanted to spend some time at the pool, and he hates to leave anything of his anywhere it could be taken by someone else while he's not looking.

He temporarily disengaged his brain, and wrapped up his cellphone in several layers of plastic wrap, thinking that all those layers would keep it dry. Then he stuck it in the pocket of his swim trunks, and enjoyed a blissful afternoon of frolicking in the pool.

You guessed it, when he unwrapped his phone, it was soaked. Fortunately for him, it was only a cell phone and not a Berry, and it was a cheap model he's been using for some time.

If anyone has any good stories where you or a loved one or a close acquaintance had a brain cramp that led to damage of an electronics device, go ahead and post them here so we can all yuck it up!

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    He should have atleat tried a ziplock.... lol

Mortgage_Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~LOL.maybe he had a few drinks before coming up with the plastic wrap idea..my 2 kids have each managed to throw my wife's cells into the toilet and bathtub. I keep telling her to get a clip or holster to secure the phone to her person, but she doesn't like to wear her gadgets.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    im not into wearing my gadgets either ... so when close to any 'body' of standing water, i hold on VERY tight to the baby!

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I'm not into wearing any gadgets except for my Blackberry. I'm always reminding people that water and electronics don't mix (like leaving beverages on or near tvs, sound systems, computers). Swimming with anything besides a bathing suit is pretty low on the intelligence meter (keep that away from pools also).

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I have a bad habit of sitting the device down on my lap while I'm driving then just as I leap out of the car I realize #%$&*! Not Another One.

I have dropped 10 phones on the ground. Some were disasterous and some made it with out a scratch. BB's have had the best durability for me. Concrete is my enemy. I now have a rubber on my berry and I keep it in my holtster...

Izzyontheeyes no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have one, but it's pretty gross:
    My friend had her cell phone in her back pocket (NO idea why people do that; it's a recipe for disaster) so she goes to the bathroom, and right as she's about to sit, of course the phone falls into the bowl. Mind you, she already did a #1 on it. She goes to fish it out, and then gets so grossed out she's washes the phone off.... Yeah, genius!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzyontheeyes View Post
    I have one, but it's pretty gross:
    My friend had her cell phone in her back pocket (NO idea why people do that; it's a recipe for disaster) so she goes to the bathroom, and right as she's about to sit, of course the phone falls into the bowl. Mind you, she already did a #1 on it. She goes to fish it out, and then gets so grossed out she's washes the phone off.... Yeah, genius!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    hehehehe i blew milk out my nose